The way things are going for Japanese car company Toyota, soon their cars are likely to have have as much value as a Sapota.
For all ye schmucks considering the purchase of a Toyota car any time soon, here are a few tidbits to keep in mind about this chutiya car manufacturer:
1. Toyota has gone through 15 recalls in 2010 alone.
2. Since November 2010, Toyota has recalled 11 million vehicles worldwide for various defects.
3. 8 million of the 1 million recalls have to do with sudden acceleration.
4. Toyota vehicles affected by recalls lately – Lexus, Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Highlander, Tundra, Sequoia, Sienna and Tacoma. If we’ve missed any, please forgive us. 😉
5. Toyota was ordered to pay a $16.375 million fine in the U.S. – the largest fine permitted by law – for failing to notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of a dangerous pedal defect for almost four months.