Here’s Take 2 of Incredible India containing some of those only-in-India incredible stories:
* Priests at an Orissa temple performed a special purificatory ceremony after the visit of a Dalit minister. There must be a special place reserved in hell for the Brahmin swines who still engage in obnoxious discriminatory practices in many parts of India.Â
* Karnataka buses stop entering Maharashtra border.Â Â Are Karnataka and Maharashtra two separate countries? It would seem so. Here’s an excerpt from the TOI story:
The Karnataka State Transport has stopped plying its buses in bordering areas of Maharashtra after Akhil Bhartiya Chhawa Sangathan burnt a Karnataka bus in Latur on Sunday.
Chhawa had torched a Karnataka state transport bus on Sunday at Latur as a protest against the Karnataka Government using force against Marathi speaking population protesting against the assembly session in Belgaum.
Karnataka buses have stopped entering bordering areas in the backdrop of attacks on them, Divisional Controller, MSRTC, Latur, R K Jadhav said.
* India accounted for 22% of global pregnancy-related deaths in 2005, according to the UNICEF’s State of the World’s Children 2009 report. Yes, India also accounts for 25% of deliveries unattended by skilled healthcare workers.
* Movie piracy is so rampant in India that Slumdog Millionaire was available on the Local Area Network of IIT Kharagpur before the movie’s official debut.
*Â It’s Diwali in parts of Bihar. Some remote villages in Bihar are getting electricity because they happen to be along the route of the local Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s Vikas Yatra.
* Sure, road accidents are often beyond your control but pray that it never happens to you in India. We are increasingly seeingÂ reports of road accident victims in India being just left unattended to die.
* Bollywood star Akshay Kumar is apparently very mad over the reaction to his latest crap show Chandni Chowk to China. Why the hell is Akshay mad? The audience should be mad and Akshay Kumar should be on his knees begging forgiveness for subjecting fans to such torture.
Mera Bharat Mahaan.