This edition of Incredible India focuses on the Great Indian Hunger Strike tamasha.Â
Can anyone please help us resolve this dilemma -Â Every day in India, some group of idiots launch a hunger strike.
Yet India’s population is not going down and more and more Indians increasingly resemble Namitha. 😉
Here are some of the different kinds of hunger strikes, Indian ishstyle.
* J.Jayalalitha: Sri Lankan Tamils Solidarity Hunger Strike (March 9, 2009)
* Curchorem, Goa: Bypass Road Hunger Strike
* Sharmila Kanba Lup: Hunger Strike to Support Hunger-StrikerÂ
* West Bengal Ration Dealers’ Association: More Kerosene, Less Palm Oil Hunger Strike
* Uttar Pradesh Prisoners: Anti-Lathcharge Hunger Strike
* Magadh University:Â Promotion and Pay Hunger Strike
* Karunanidhi:Â Threatening Hunger Strike (if Tamil Nadu Lawyers and Police don’t resolve their dispute)
* Delhi Nursing Union:Â Pay-demand RelayÂ Hunger Strike
* Tamil Nadu Lawyers: Against-Police Hunger Strike
* JNU Students: Anti-rustication hunger strike
* Orissa Homeo Students: More Stipend Hunger Strike
* Tamil Film Star Vijay: Sympathy for Sri Lankan Tamils Hunger Strike
* Tirumala Hawkers: Anti-TTD Hunger Strike
* Indian Hockey Team: No Recognition Hunger Strike
* Tamil Nadu Film Stars: Cauvery Hunger Strike
* Namitha – Hunger Strike, Me? Are You Out of Your Mind?
Folks, what are the kinds of hunger strikes in your area?
Mera Bharat Mahan.