The way things are going for Japanese car company Toyota, soon their cars are likely to have have as much value as a Sapota.
For all ye schmucks considering the purchase of a Toyota car any time soon, here are a few tidbits to keep in mind about this chutiya car manufacturer:
1. Toyota has gone through 15 recalls in 2010 alone.
2. Since November 2010, Toyota has recalled 11 million vehicles worldwide for various defects.
3. 8 million of the 1 million recalls have to do with sudden acceleration.
4. Toyota vehicles affected by recalls lately – Lexus, Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Matrix, Prius, RAV4, Highlander, Tundra, Sequoia, Sienna and Tacoma. If we’ve missed any, please forgive us. 😉
5. Toyota was ordered to pay a $16.375 million fine in the U.S. – the largest fine permitted by law – for failing to notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of a dangerous pedal defect for almost four months.
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announcements related to Toyota
Toyota Recalls 1.1 Million Cars for Engine Problem
You must be logged in to post a comment Login