Time the natives got another English lesson.
Our focus today will be on different phrases with the word pass.
* Make a pass – Ha ha, don’t we priapic desis know the meaning of this phrase!
* Pretty pass – Difficult situation.
* Pass the buck – Shift the blame to someone stupider than yourself.
* Pass water – To pee.
* Pass muster – Pass inspection.
* Pass the hat round – Arrange for a collection of cash for a cause.
* Pass under the yoke – Humiliating submission.
* Pass under the spear – Sold at an auction.
* Come to Pass – Happen.
Source: Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable
You must be logged in to post a comment Login