Voila, a wonderful new way to waste time.
We just discoveredÂ an ad-free andÂ free legal music service called LalaÂ that provides a decent selection of Hindi, Tamil and Kannada songs.
Lala claims to offer a whopping six million songs. No, we didn’t count.
Registration is simple and took us only a few seconds.
Lala works in a browser. We played all the songs in our favorite browser – Firefox (version 3.0.3). No glitches. Just music.
Here are some of the key features of Lala:
1. Listen to an astounding collection of six million songs via streaming.
2. Add web access to your existing music library like iTunes for free (requires the Music Mover software download).
3. Buy web access to songs for 10 cents per song.
4. Buy DRM-free MP3 songs for about 89 cents per song.
Of course, there are catches. Are you surprised?
You can listen to a full song for free just once. But you can add up to 50 songs to your collection that you can listen to as many times as you want via streaming.
Hey, with a six-million song cornucopia out there, we ain’t complaining.
Support from Majors
All four music labels – EMI, Sony BMG, Universal Music and Warner Music – as well as thousands of independent labels are supposed to be supporting Lala.
How We Wasted Our Time
We listened to Kishore Kumar and Asha Bhosle crooning Bachke Rehna Re Baba (lovely song from the Amitabh Bachchan film Pukar) and S.P. Balasubrahmanyam singing that beautiful Tamil song from the 70s – En Kanmani (from the film Chittukuruvi starring Sivakumar – Surya’s father).
Here are some of the other songs we listened to on Lala today:
* Chalte Chalte (Kishore Kumar) – from the movie of the same name
* Ae Bhai Zara Dekh KeÂ – from the Raj Kapoor filmÂ Mera Naam Joker.
* Piya Tu Aab To (R.D.Burman, Asha Bhosle) – Great song from Caravan.
* Oru Naal Unnodu (SPB, S.Janaki) – a fine song from the 1976 movie Uravaadum Nenjam.
* Pachchaikkili (T.M. Sounderarajan, P.Susheela) – from the MGR movieÂ Ulagam Sutram Valiban.Â Perhaps, our all-time Tamil favorite song.
* Thiruchendurin Kadal – from that sami-padam Deivam (yes, we’ve seen it).
* Meenkodi Theril (K.J.Yesudas) – another favorite for years.
* Kannada Naadina (P.B.Sreenivas) – An old classic from the 1970s hit Naagarahaavu.
* Endendu Ninnanu Maretu (P.B.Sreenivas, S.Janaki) – A classic from the Rajkumar film Eradu Kanasu.
* Ellellu Neene (S.P.Balasubrahmanyam) – Superb song.
* Nagunaguthaa Nee Baruve (Rajkumar, S.Janaki) – Another must-listen to song from the dear departed annavaru (as Rajkumar was fondly known in Karnataka).
Tamil songs : beautiful selections…
You just reminded me this favourite song of mine..
“Meenkodi theril manmada rajan oorgolam pogindran….”
Oh, boy only if I could go back to my chilhood…and remain in that state forever – “Hey! you will be called a midget” – But I don’t mind.
I miss all those lovely years that gave us many happy things that we miss in this adult life of misery.
Meenkodi theril manmada rajan oorgolam pogindran is also one of our favorites. Lovely number.
Let me give you a list of some of my evergreen favourites:
1. Oru Kadhal samrajyam kannil warayindalum kanawennum mudi soody kannam sivandhal….(T.K. Kala+Male singer)
2. Kanmaniye, kadhal enbadhu katpanayo, kawiyamo kanwarayinda owiyamo….(SPB+SJanaki)
3. Kadhal Oviyam, Paadum Kaviyam (Alaigal Oywadillai)
4. Germanyin sentheyn malarey (Ullasa Parawaigal)
5. Enkanmani, unkadhali (Chittu Kuruwi)
6. Devanin Kovil, moodiya neram, naan yenna seiwayn deiwamay (Chitra)
7. Kanmani, anboda kdahalan naan eludum kadithamay (Guna)
8. Perai chollawa, adu gnayamaguma (Guru)
9. Idhu oru pon malai poludhu ( Nilalgal)
10. Poongatru Thirumbuma (Mudhal Mariadhai)
11. Engeno sellum, en ennangal. Ingeythan kandeyn ponwannangal (SPB – Pattakaththi Bhairawan/Sivaji)
12. Oray naal, unai naan nilawil paarthadu…(SPB+Female/ Ilamai Oonjal Aadugiradhu)
13. Viliyin, un viliyil oru poo poothatdhu…Poo indru pen aanadhu….(SPB+SJanaki)
14. Unadhu Viliyil, enadhu paarwai ulagai kaanbadhu. Un udhadil eludum unarwil yendhan kawidhai waalwadhu….(TMS+PSusila)
15. Waa vennila..unnai thaaney waanam theduthey (Mella Thirandha Kdhawu)
16. Theyn sindhuthey..waanam..unai..enai thaalattuthey. Megangaley tharum raagangaley…ennalum waalga (SPB+SJanaki)
17. En waanilay..oray wennila…Kadhal kawidhaigal (Rajini+Sridevi)
18. Sendhoora Pooway…Sendhoora Pooway jill endra kaatrey (16 wayathinilay)
19. Ilamayenum poongaatru..paadiyadhu orr kaatru..oru polidhil orr aaasai sugam, sugam idhilay oray sugam…oray weenai….oray paadal (SPB)
20. Jaadhi maligaye nenjila saanji konjam nee thoongu, kanmaniye. Jill enna weesudhu oodha kaatru…(SPB- Mannukul Wairam)
I can’t remember the others now…. But, will come back with other favourites as well…
Many of the above songs are in our favorite-list too.
My favourite Tamil songs list…continues:
21. Ragangal Patdhinaru uruwaana waralaru naan kaanum poadhu ariwaiyamma (SPB)
22. Thalattudhay waanam, thalladuthey megam, thaalamal madimeedu thaarmiga kalyanam. Idhu kaarkaala sangeetham (SJeyachandran+Sjanaki)-Kadal Meengal
23. Urawugal thodarkadhai,unarwugal sirukadhai. Siru kadhai indru thodaralaam, thodarilum ondru mudiyalam. ini ellam..sugamay (S.Jeyachandran)
24. Malaye// ilamai muludum nanayum warayil waa. Kadhal warum neram, deva mayakkam…(SPB+SJanaki)
25. Poongkadhaway thaal thirawaai..poowai, sem paawai. Pon maalai soodida poowai, sem paawai
26. Putham pudu olai warum, inda poowukkoru maalai warum (Wedham Pudidu- Chitra)
27. Manmadha leelai, mayakkudu aalai (SPB)
28. Ninaiwo…oru parawai, wirikkum adhan siragai, parakkum adhu kalakkum than urawai (Sivappu Rojakkal)
29. Inda minminiki kannil oru minnal wandadu, ada kannay alagu pennay. Kadhal rajanga parawai. Thedum aanandha urawai, sorgam enn kayilay(Sivappu Rojakkal)
30. Aasaya Katrula thoodhuwittu, aadaya moodiyum waadai pattru… (Rajni’s movie)
31. Neela vaana odayil, neendhugindra wennila// Naan waraindha paadalgal neelam pootha kannila…waraadha wandha en devi (Vaalvay Mayam-SPB)
to be continued….
As we wrote in our review of Sigappu Rojakkal, this song Inda minminiki kannil oru minnal wandadu, ada kannay alagu pennay has cast a spell over us for many years.
Shuaib, when will you continue this list..
If for some bizarre reason you guys haven’t listened to this classic song till now, I’ll post the youtube link.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7osSNt75GRQ .. stunning Yesudas song…
searching through youtube can keep me entertained for hours.. what will I do without Internet!
A classic…many years back this song was even used in a commercial featuring Yesudas at a concert (sorry, can’t remember the ad).
Hi TREY (with stars),
I’m working on the next continuation. Did you like it??? I hope so. I thought I’m the only one who’s interested in these songs.
Thank you for your comments and the info (the link). The delay is in the finding of maximum details of a song, like the playback singer/s, Movie title and songs writer and the musician…etc.
Soon, expect another most nostalgic song list of “SHUAIB’in Netraya Kaatru” (Shuaib’s golden melodies)
Do you remember A.S.Raja?
You mean K.S. Raja the Sri Lankan Radio presenter? He is extraordinary personality in the broadcasting scene in Radio Ceylon (then) and now SRi Lanka Broadcasting Corp.(SLBC).
A.M. Rajah the Tamil playback singer? He too is one of my favourite singer of yesteryear like T.M. Sounderarajan.
We meant K.S. Raja (thanks for the correction). He was good. We liked the way he used to drag the K and S while saying his name.
There was also a lady (Rajeshwari Shanmugham???..memory is fading).
We used to listen to the Sri Lankan radio stations a lot, particularly on Sunday afternoon.
Yes, I am interested, Shuaib.. just in case you didn’t realize.. I am the poster previously known as Gandhiji..
Looks like many lurkers (unlike you, me and, of course, SI) are around here.. what_if, the gora, strynglad etc. Whenever they think of something (they think is 😉 ) intelligent, they post it.. otherwise they remain silent like the “Silent Bob” character portrayed by Kevin Smith.
Yes, K.S. Rajah, Rajeshwari Shanmugam & B.H. Abdul Hameed took the Radio experience to the sky’s limit. That was the period before the TV was introduced in Sri Lanka.
All the family memebers in our family get together to listen to almost all the programs aired on SLBC at that time. “Komaligal” was a vey famous comedy radio serial.
Gandhiji alias TREY, what a surprise! Why the disguise? It’s OK to represent by any name as long as you’re in touch, thanks man.
I have almost completed the 3rd continuation of the list. I will post it in a few minutes. I just came home from office. My wife has made some ghee dhosai with spicy coconut chutney+sambhar. Boy, I must wack some of them and start to make the list.
You write above: ghee dhosai with spicy coconut chutney+sambhar
Oh, my God. Salivating here. Ghee Dosai….Back in the ol’ days, they used to call Nyeroast
Here I go again…SHUAIBin NETREYA KAATRU…PART 3:
32. Kannaney nee wara kaathirundeyn, jannalil paarthirunden. (K.J.Jsudas+S.Chitra/Thendrale Ennai Thodu)
33. Raja Raja cholan Naan, ennai aala waikkum jeewan nee thaan, poowey, thee ye, theyney (K.J.Jusdas+S Janaki/Rettai vaal kuruwi)
34. Oru Kaadhal Devadhai Boomiyil wandhaal. Oru kadhal kawiyam kayyodu thandhal, kalloorum kaalai welayil…(SPB+S.Chitra/Idayatthin Thaamarai)
35. Poomedaiyo, ponweenayo, Neerodayo, arigil thaan poongatray nee peysinai. Nee peysinal…awai yaawum thaaney..wai moodumay adhil,adhil.(SPB+S.Chitra/Ayiram Pookkal Malarattum)
36. Megham. Anda megham. Adhu madi meedu oonjal thaaney. Mounam, inda mounam, adhu deva loga diveegam, singaara megham, andha megham.(SPB+S.Chitra/Ayiram Pookkal Malarattum)
37. Paattu Thalaiwan paadinaal paattu than. Kootam rasikim Thaalamay Poattu thaan. (SPB+SJnaki/Idhayakovil)
38. Eera Nila. Viligalai Moodi tholgalil endhudhay.(SPB+Female)
39. Nilaway waaa. Selladhay waa. Ennalum un. Ponwaanam Naan. ennai nee dhan pirinthalum. Ninaiwaalay alaitheyn. (SPB/Mouna Raagam)
40. Oru Paadal naan kaytteyn. Adhil Paasam adhai kanbeyn. Waalkai yeduwum illai, undhan endhan kadhai aagum (SPB+Vani Jeyaram/Osai)
41. Waigarayil Wandadenna waanmadhi. Kaiwalaigal osayennum theyn thulee….(SPB+S.Chitra/Vaanmadhi)
42. En Waanmadhee, Ennai paaradee. Theydiwandha devadasai kaana oadi waa, en devadas….(SPB+S.Chitra/Siva)
43. Sangeedha megam, theyn sindhum neyram. Aagyam pookal thoowum kaalam. Nalai en weedhmay endrum ulawumay, endrum ulawum nam waal wilay..ho (SPB/Udhaya Geedham)
44. Engengu nee sendra poadhum. En nejamay unnai theydum. Aanadha getham aaramba maagum, Anandham yaum nammodu paadum. Poongaatru thaalattum anbey, anbey (K.J.Jesudas+Chitra/Ninaikka Theirndha Manamey)
45. Adhisaya Raagam, Aanandha Ragam, Alagiya Raagham, Aboorwa raagam. (K.J.Jesudas/Aboorwa Raagangal)
46. Wasandha Kaala nadhigalilay, wairamanin neeralaigal, (K.J.Jesudas)
47. Eeramaana Rojawey, Ennai paathu moodaathey, kannil enna kolam, sogham, yengadhey, en anbay engaathey (K.J.Jesudas+SP Sailaja)
48. Ennawendru solwadamma, wanjee awal peyralagai. Solla molly illayamma, konjiwarum peyralagai..(SPB/Rajakumaran)
49. Thoda, Thoda malarndadenna, pooway. Thotta udan malarndadenna. Paarwaigal pudhidha, sparisangal pudhidha, malaiwara bhoomi, marapadenna. (SPB+SJanaki/Indra)
50. Oru Nanbanin Kadhayidhu. Oru Nanbanin Kadhayidhu. Nanabana, pagaiwana, paadinal puriyuma, naan kaanawo…(SPB/Sattam)
51. Lilly malarukku kondaattam, unnai paarkayilay, sewwi palathukku kondaattam ennai paarkayilay. Andha nootrandu sitpangalum, ungal pakkatthilay. Wandu nindalum nee illai endru oadum wekkaththilay. Andha idam ennawo, sonna idam allawo, engayum eppodum kondaattam ( T.M.Soundarrajan+P.Susila/Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban)
Shappaahhh…ippaway kanna kattuthey (Vadivelu)…
To be continued…. Until then enjoy!
Looks like the Cholesterol Dosai is working overtime. Thanks for Ungal ayaraa uzhaippu .. I have never seen so many Ws in tamil words before.. when do you use W and when do you use V?
I don’t know, I just kept on banging on the (hateful) laptop keyboard. I’m not very much used to typing in it. I have left out many words (missing) and also typing errors. Sorry, guys.
V or W it’s all for people (Volkswagen) to use it for maximum. Sounds all the same. Funny me!
The usage of V can lead to confusion to the German reader. He would pronouce “Vaa, Vaa, endan nilaway, Vennilavay” as “FAR, FAR, endan nilaway Fennilaway…” and so on. Haa, haa.
So, let there be confusion in the choice of letters (V or W) as long as the Tamil sounds Tamil.
(WHisper: I won’t concede to my mistakes, am fighting for my EGOrr)
oh really? I didn’t know that german V is actually pronounced F. The only German I know is “Ach mein Gott!” as SI often exclaims..
Ach Mein Gott! you look much better than most tamil heroes, Shuaib.. You should try out for movies.
Hey, Shuaib out-Hrithiks Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan.
In the inside photo (when you click on shuaib68’s Profile), our friend does not look that fair…PhotoShopped outside?
I think the lighting is different (not photoshop). Anyway, we need to warn Shuaib’s wife. He is putting out his sexy photographs on the web. He kind of looks like Waqar Younis.
Hey, you guys are a real Starsky & Hutch combo. How did you know that I have registered with Interpals???
I was so bored sometimes, I thought of getting into writing to pals just to improve my writing skills and to kill the boredom. I also, registered with WAYN. But, for some reason I cannot access the site.
Thank you, guys for your complements. I should upload some of my other photos as well for all you guys to see.
I took that photo in Al-Ain fun city in UAE. There are some others as well. I will upload them along with my family photos.
No, it was not Photoshop work. I was seated near a glass window inside a cafe. It was evening and the sun was hitting straight inside. so, my friend took the shots. In Wayn.com i have posted more photos with my family. I did photoshop work in some of them to add more elements to it.
My profile photo was taken with a different camera. Not that good. The cafe photo was taken with my Canon Powershot Pro1. Wonderful camera. Now, I don’t have it.
Now, I’m more content with SI. Some people write to me in Interpal. But they write very childishly. You know, saying “Hi! How are you?” and that’s all.
So, I left it that way and don’t get any interest. SI is keeping me very busy, for that.
I am not that fair. Not dark. Tan colour.
It was accidental discovery rather than stalking.. I only stalk Asha. I am truly, madly and deeply in love with that foodie.
I did a google search on shuaib68 because I couldn’t locate where you posted your comment on Simbu and youtube.. but got this interpals site instead..
SI is there any setting where you change the dashboard to display more recent comments than just the last 5? I feel handicapped as I seem to miss many comments because of this limitation.
You write above: SI is there any setting where you change the dashboard to display more recent comments than just the last 5? I feel handicapped as I seem to miss many comments because of this limitation
We’ll look into it…what reader do you use?
I guess I am very primitive.. [deleted] is the page I am talking about.
What would be a better way(reader??) to read?
You write: What would be a better way (reader??) to read?
What are you currently using?
Try IE 7.x or the Mozilla browser 3.0.3, go to SearchIndia.com and click on Comment RSS under the tab Meta (pl look on the right) and subscribe using Live Bookmarks (for Firefox)….You should be able to see 12 comments. Hit refresh if you see a weird page with HTML code.
Maybe, others have a better way??
or there was a simple way.. I just loaded that URL to http://www.google.com/reader/view.. now I am all set. Thanks
Above link not working.
Ah..looks like it’ll require a Gmail account.
I didn’t read through your message fully.. I don’t use Mozilla for this.. I have this on chrome. Not sure if chrome has a feature like that. And I have a restriction to use only the IE6 on the laptop I use the most. The software I use for work are not compatible with the newer versions of IE yet.
as Shuaib has forgotten this thread again.. a few of my favorite songs, which I find yummier than Nei Dosais
Song: Kadhal Valarthaen
Singer: Kay Kay
Music: YS Raja
Singer(s): Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal
Music: GV. Prakash
Song: Unakkena Iruppaen
Music: Joshua Sridhar
Trey, My dear friend.
These are lovely songs. I like them very much, melodious stuff. Thanks for the links.
I haven’t forgotten these numbers. It’s a different case with my listing. I am still travelling in my Time machine and still somewhere between 80 & 90’s. I stopped by the boutique on the highway to have coke. I will be resuming my trip in a little while.
In the meantime, enjoy your 2000++ period.
with youtube around.. there is no need for sunTV, atleast until they bring out sunTV HD.. (2025??)
Where are you? I don’t see many of your comments these days. Tired hey? Me of course having a lot of work. Year ends are busy season for us.
BTW, I have recently got a list of some nostalgic numbers with me. I will be posting them very soon.
Before everything, I must hit two of my fav. Ghee Dhosai, it’s opium to me. haa…haaa
Ghee Dosai a.k.a. Nye Roast.
Just the name triggers a Pavlovian salivation.
Shuaib, I recently underwent a sex change and changed my name to ÃžÃ³rarinsdÃ³ttir. Not sure how to pronounce it, though.
For the chinese, “Naai” roast may trigger more salivation than a Nye Roast. 🙂 Got to taste it.. we should probably catch the Transsiberian.. Emily, Emily! Even after the sex change I seem to like women more..
You write above: For the chinese, “Naai” roast may trigger more salivation than a Nye Roast.
Wonder how “Naai” roast tastes? Must ask our Indian friend in New Jersey who visits China at least twice a year.
Our stomach is familiar with beef, chicken, pork, lamb, shrimp, prawns, fish but “Naai” has eluded our taste buds so far.
We remember reading somewhere the other day that the human body is best suited for vegetarian food (can anything in the world beat Chettinad Poond Kozhambu or Pineapple Gojju). There’s also the ethical aspect of eating another living creature but since when has the homo sapiens displayed kindness to any species.
Good to hear from you man…or woman..or both (haa, haa)
Your new identity struck my juke box and it’s singing..”Poraley ponnu thaai” (Karuththamma- 90’s song), and it also reminds me the gimmick played by The Prince (& the revoulution) in the recent past. He came up with an “idea” similar to yours, with an unknown sign (a logo maybe) to identify him.
Naai Roast….haa..haa, that’s a nice one. it suits the Filipinos as well.
Nobody could pronounce it nor identify it as what. Anyway, good luck from me on your new journey in life (haa, haa)
If you see anybody (twins) by the name FUK-Yu & FUK-ME just give my kind regards to them (from The Spy Who Shagged Me – Austin Powers)
I thought of adding some of favourites I have with links:
1. Engengo Sellum â€“ Pattakkathi Bairavan
2. Iruvathu Kodi nilavukal â€“ Thullatha Manamum Thullum
3. Oh Unnaley naan penn aaneyney
4. Devanin Kovil Moodiya neramâ€“ Aruvadai Naal
5. Ennai Thottu Alli konda mannan perum ennadi â€“ Unnai Nenachchen Paattu Padichchen
6. Malayil Yaaro manathodu peysa â€“ Uma Ramanan
7. Pooviley Medai naan Poadawa â€“ Pagal Nilavu
8. Paadava Un Paadalai â€“ Naan Padum Paadal -S. Janaki
9. Theyn, poovey,poovey waa thendral theyda â€“ SPB-S.JANAKI
10. Seer Kondu waa, Ven Megame â€“ SPB , Sjanaki â€“ Naan Paadum Padal
Hope you would like them…!
Listening to Engengo Sellum.
Requires registration (free) to play songs from 4 to 10.
Engengo Sellum is a classic melody. I was searching too many sites to get this one. Luckily found it. The other one I like most is “Devanin Kovil”. It was chitra’s. Engengo Sellum is simply taking me back to the good old days.
One thing we can never deny is the originality of these songs. They’re really originals. Oh! Ilayarajah, you’re a genius.
We might buy Engengo Sellum later today if iTunes has it.
Purchased Made in India earlier in the day.
BTW, where’s our beloved Gandhiji alias ÃžÃ³rarinsdÃ³ttir alias TREY….? Where is he? I miss his nice comments on various topics.
GANDHIJII !!! Where art thou?
He/She/They/It could still be around.
You just have to look hard. 😉
yeah, look hard shuaib.. you are the one who ran away to vanavaasam.. I am a plague.. will never leave SI. This thread is our secret hideout.. SI is our chaperon.
imeem seems to be a nice site.. I wish Samsung will add it in the next firmware update to my player. Pandora is sexy, but doesn’t have Indian songs.
You write: imeem seems to be a nice site..
Wonder how long the remaining free music sites will last.
Ad revenues must surely be insignificant.
This morning when our Mudhaliar friend asked us about our business model, we laughed so hard that he surely thought we had flipped out.
Albert Camus:yeah, look hard shuaib.. you are the one who ran away to vanavaasam.
Hey…It’s a bird…No,It’s a plane…it’s you – Gandhijiiiiii. How nice to know that you’re well and good. Nehi baba, I never ran away to vanavaasam. I was doing some meditation after getting known about the fact of life in this world. This Albert Camus is your real name or another pretention? I sing…”Oh yes, you’re a great pretender…” (Freddie Mercury-song).
You’re a plague or plaque? both are hard stuff…haa..haa. Anyway nice to see you back again. SI is a trap that we find hard to get out. The day SI is biased in their opinion we set free ourselves from this eternal punishment (Haa, haa..again).
1. You write above: The day SI is biased in their opinion we set free ourselves from this eternal punishment
If by bias you mean religious bigotry, as we’ve said often, we find all religions equally stupid.
The cow-piss drinking Hindus rolling on the ground at the temples, the idiot Christians believing in the resurrection of Christ and the fable of Virgin Mary and the senseless Shia Muslims beating their chests and backs with whips during Moharram are all crackpots.
2. You write: This Albert Camus is your real name or another pretension
Interesting question. 😉
Shuaib: You probably have already of Camus (I know SI does – She congratulated me on my newly chosen name).. I encountered his name when dabbling with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meaning_of_life (I think 1/2 doctor led me there – that guy Navaneet is a very worldly-wise 20 year old..)
His ideas seemed most similar to mine — from whatever little I could assimilate.. so I got stole that dude’s name.. Wanted to read ” http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Myth_of_Sisyphus ” but haven’t got to it yet. I am just tooooo lazy.
So called Albert Camus, you probably is a wiki-worm. What an agony you’re going thru…when is this sin going to stop anyway?
You said above:…(I know SI does – She congratulated me on my newly chosen name).. SHE??? S-H-EEEEEEEEEEE? I thought it’s a he!!! This is like one of those which came first story – hen or the egg?? kind of thing.
Anyway, this SHE is really intelligent and very witty…yeah.
Shhh….what’s her name? (Naam kya hua?)( yewa awa? )
You write above: Shhh….what’s her name?
Sollathan Ninaikiren (Title of an old Tamil film that means Thinking of Saying but the magic is lost in translation).
SI: …Shia Muslims beating their chests and backs with whips during Moharram are all crackpots.
They really are. We don’t know where these guys invented so much of innovation into a simple religion like ISLAM. I don’t want to talk more on this. Anyway, there are lot of stupid things that are inducted into some of their personalised brand of “Islam” by many. There are always many readily follow them blindly. Don’t forget the “Talibans”.
You write: Don’t forget the “Talibans”.
Among the many reasons we hated the Taliban – Opposing education of girls and the destruction of Buddhas of Bamyan.