Here’s another instalment of Incredible India featuring some of those only-in-India incredible stories:
*Â This is weird.Â Shiv Sena, a political party in Maharashtra, is looking at selling a branded version of the vada paav snack called Shiv Vada Paav.
What next? DMK Idli, AIADMK Pakoda, BJP Bajji, Congress Mysore Pak, BSP Jalebi, Akali Jamun, CPM Rosogolla…Here’s an excerpt from the DNA story:
The Shiv Sena wanted to sell a branded version of the vada paav — made of boiled potatoes dipped in gramflour batter and shallow fried and served between two portions of a bun — at stalls run by the party across Mumbai.
On Nov 24 last year, the Shiv Vada Paav was launched as a trial basis. Two days later, terrorists attacked Mumbai. Over 160 people, including foreigners, were killed in the terror drama that lasted nearly 60 hours.
* Who says our Indian policemen have nothing but encounters (Indian English for murder by policemen) on their mind. A drunk traffic cop in Ahmedabad (yes, in Gandhiji’s state of Gujarat) brought traffic to a standstill and caused traffic chaos the other day. (Thanks to SI reader sumeshy)
* Karunai-illadha-Nidhi is so obsessed with the Sri Lankan Tamil issue that he has now started issuing Final AppealsÂ and making bizarre claims thatÂ Sri Lanka is becomingÂ a graveyard of innocent Tamils. Does anyone remember that Indian leader Rajiv Gandhi was killed by these same ‘innocent‘ Sri Lankan Tamils. Yes, Rajiv was blown to pieces by one of these ‘innocent‘ Sri Lanka Tamils in Tamil Nadu.
* Bihar Chief Minister Nithish Kumar is asking the people to fight corruption. We haven’t stopped laughing given that corruption is the lifeblood of Indian society.
* You have a Muslim name? Sorry, even Allah can’t help you in finding a decent flat to stay in Mumbai.
* What happened to the remaining Rs 57-lakh? Yet another story involving our wonderful Indian police. Here’s an excerpt from the TOI story:
Acting on a tip-off, a crime branch team intercepted two vehicles near Variety Square on Thursday and found the passengers travelling with five bags of cash. It took the team nearly five hours to count the notes. Officially police say that it amounted to Rs 1.43 crore. However, reliable sources informed TOI that the occupants had Rs 2 crore with them. The cops have now informed the income-tax about the seizure.
Mera Bharat Mahaan.