India is truly fertile soil for a cornucopia of those weird only-in-India stories. Here’s instalment 7 of Incredible India.
* A sick man in the South Indian state of Kerala died after the dilapidated stretcher on which he was placed broke into two and he fell to the ground. If the end result wasn’t so tragic, it’d be funny. Here, read the full story in the Hindu. (Thanks to Cool Frog_20)
* The Indian masses are literally and figuratively powerless. Six decades after Independence, Uttar Pradesh (the North Indian state from which at least seven Indian Prime Ministers hail), faces a daily power shortage of 2,500MW. And we are not even in the summer months yet. The state’s power crisis is going to get worse in the next fiscal year.
* You have a court case pending in India? Not to worry, it’ll come up for hearing in your grandson’s time. India needs 77,000 judges to clear the humongous backlog of 2.5 crore cases stuck in various courts.Â
* Another 100 million Indians pushed into starvation – What’s the big deal in a country where misery runs rampant but people build billion dollar mansions.Â Read whatÂ Indian President Pratibha Patil says on the starvation issue.
* Co-education & Islam don’t mix in India. A Madrasa board in the North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh has banned co-education in Madrasas in the state. Why don’t the Madrasas ask the Khan gang (SRK, Aamir, Saif, Salman, FardeenÂ and Zayed) not to star opposite women or at least Hindu women. Read this excerpt on the co-ed ban in IBN Live:
The Uttar Pradesh Board of Madarsa Education (UPBME) has banned co-education in madarsas across the state, saying it is against the “spirit of Islam”.
“In Islam, parda (veil) is very important. By allowing co-education we promote ‘be-pardgi’ (women without veil), which is against Shariyat.
“This is why we have directed all the madarsas to do away with the co-education system from this academic session.
And we will ensure that this directive is followed in letter and spirit,” UPBME Chairman Haji Rizawan Haq told PTI. (Thanks to Cool Frog_20)
Mera Bharat Mahaan.
Starvation, power shortage and pending cases.. #7 is probably the most disturbing of all the “Incredible India” segments till now.
Mera Bharat Mahaan.
Do you search all the grabbage for these news?What a great work? Where on hell do you have time for all this? People from India itself dont know all this…I really feel sad to know that this is your way of living? collecting all the shit from the grabbage of India and pouring it in search india…
How about a quotation something like….
See No Evil, Hear No evil, and Talk no evil…
I know you wont stop this…
Next time I expect more shit from you…
What dictionary do you use – must be the Muniyandi Vilas dictionary since you are butchering the English language.
Harry Butt:Starvation, power shortage and pending cases.. #7 is probably the most disturbing of all the â€œIncredible Indiaâ€ segments till now.
Mera Bharat Mahaan
So you have changed India with your posting and comments?
It is easy to comment and post all the bad things in this search India, search some good things, share with others, encourage people to thing good and do good…to say all this …am I a JOKER?
You write above: am I a JOKER?
Need you even ask.
“Incredible India ” thaan appadi inna, “Pathetic Pakistan” eppadi innu, ippudu choodu…
(If Incredible India is like that, have a peek at “Pathetic Pakistan”)
Yeah, we saw this earlier.
â€œIncredible India â€ thaan appadi inna, â€œPathetic Pakistanâ€ eppadi innu, ippudu chooduâ€¦
(If Incredible India is like that, have a peek at â€œPathetic Pakistanâ€)
Yeah, we saw this earlier.
Your respond seems so dull and tired…are you the victim? I am real sorry!!! I know how you would have suffered..may ALLAH BLESS YOU!!!
When apes start writing comments on blogs, the end result is the above.
Add this to your list, a 6 yr girl child it roughed up by a gang of policemen in UP (http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/videoshow/4068164.cms) …Pathetic. look at the way the stare at the camera, they dont even know that they are on air.. reminded me a funny scene from The_Best_Little_Whorehouse_in_Texas where the hero dosent even know what a video camera is. Btw if you havent seen this movie a good pick for relaxed weekend mood.
Noble : yes you sound funny. Btw where r you living? I live in India and see all those listed items live and raw.
SI : you can also add the ‘self-immolation’ stupidity thats happening in TN and other places by Tamil youth.
The politicians are not even ready to give away their positions (in parliament) even in the dying months and they make the people die for the cause of SL tamils. How stupid these guys to throw their lives like this, for selfish leaders like MK, Vaiko and others…
Free Marriage being done Ram Sena as could not find anything else to do better like bringing the country on track, wiping out corruption, giving a better education system to the kids, etc etc.
People should ask them about covering the honeymoon expenses too. 🙂
I think this shld really feature in as Incredible India – 8
Updated Incredible India -8. Thanks.