Lo, here comes the eighth instalment of Incredible India.
* Shahrukh Khan has shaved the word ‘barber‘ in hoarding ads for his upcoming movie Billu Barber following protests from the barbers. Here’s an excerpt from the TOI story:
After courting controversy days ahead of its release, Shah Rukh Khan’s latest film ‘Billu Barber’ will see the term ‘barber’ dropped from its hoardings and posters across the country following objections from an association of hairdressers, terming it “derogatory”.
The actor-producer, who spoke to representatives of the Salon and Beauty Parlorsâ€™ Association over the issue, on Sunday said his production house Red Chillies Entertainment will ensure that the term ‘barber’ is removed from all hoardings.
“We will put a piece of paper on the word barber wherever it can be done in India. We will send teams,” Khan said.
* Schools are often referred to as temples of learning. But one small school in Thane (Maharashtra) seems to be taking this literally by functioning inside the temple. Will the next Indian school that suffers from lack of space function in a butcher-shop?
* Tamils are breeding less. No, we are not kidding. Here’s an excerpt from a recent story:
With its total fertility rate (TFR) coming down to 1.7, the lowest in the country, Tamil Nadu has managed to tighten its bulging belly and may well be on its way to surpassing neighbouring Kerala in bringing down the number of births per couple.
The stateâ€™s TFR has sharply declined from 3.9 children per couple in 1971 to 1.7 in the last survey, an achievement on par with Kerala and is among the lowest in the country, where the national average is 2.8 against a world average of 2.6.
* Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi claims he is human. Folks, do not forget that under Modi’s watch, one of the worst communal carnages happened leading to large-scale butchering of Muslims in the state. Our State Department has so far denied Modi a Visa to visit the U.S.
* Multiple fractures for a cause. Some folks are so devoted to their pet cause that they are willing to jump from a microwave tower.
* Fresh attack on women in the South Indian state of Karnataka. This time the incident happened outside a pub in Bangalore. Last month, some of Lord Ram’s ‘monkeys’ attacked women inside a pub in Mangalore.
Mera Bharat Mahaan