The latest instalment of Incredible India focuses on the atrocities by the Indian police and starts with an Only-in-IndiaÂ story of the rape of a rape victim by the police (no typo there, we mean rape of a rape victim).
* Anyone who is the least bit familiar with India knows that many members of the Indian police are the worst criminals, Pigs in Khaki Uniform. But the latest incident in Uttar Pradesh shows the extent of their depravity. After a rape victim (a minor Dalit girl) was brought to the Ferozabad police station, instead of sending the girl to the hospital for treatment the local police chief took the poor victim to his house on the pretext of taking her statement and raped her. After an internal police investigation found the police inspector guilty, he has been sacked.
* The Hindu is reporting that policemen in Balrampur beat aÂ a Dalit womanÂ to death.
* Drunken cops beat up train passengers on the down Kalka-Howrah Mail.
* A few days back, Indian policemen brutally thrashed a six-year-old girl on suspicion of theft.Â Besides thrashing the young child on the face, Indian policemen pulled the hair from the young child’s head. Disgusting.
* Of course, we all know what a bunch of criminals the Indian police are. This newsreport highlights the extent of criminality among the policemen in one city Ludhiana. Here’s an excerpt from the story:
If statistics presented by a public interest litigation placed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court are to be believed, 124 police officers in Ludhiana and 26 in the rural areas are facing criminal prosecution under various charges. Charges of corruption and negligence of duty or escape from custody top the list of offences. In the city, 48 police officers are facing corruption charges and 37 such tainted officers are facing prosecution on charges of negligence of duty followed by involvement of four policemen in drug peddling and two accused of murder.
Folks, remember what you read above is only the proverbial tip of the iceberg and refer only to a few incidents in a few cities in a few days. Multiply this by 10,000 to get a true picture of how pathetic and sick a lot of Indian policemen are.
We strongly advise foreigners visiting India not to trust the Indian police.
To All Foreigners – If you are in trouble in India, ask for immediate assistance from your embassy or consulate.
Remember, Indian Police are Incredible Criminals (with some exceptions).
Mera Bharat Mahaan.