The latest instalment of Incredible India focuses on the atrocities by the Indian police and starts with an Only-in-IndiaÂ story of the rape of a rape victim by the police (no typo there, we mean rape of a rape victim).
* Anyone who is the least bit familiar with India knows that many members of the Indian police are the worst criminals, Pigs in Khaki Uniform. But the latest incident in Uttar Pradesh shows the extent of their depravity. After a rape victim (a minor Dalit girl) was brought to the Ferozabad police station, instead of sending the girl to the hospital for treatment the local police chief took the poor victim to his house on the pretext of taking her statement and raped her. After an internal police investigation found the police inspector guilty, he has been sacked.
* The Hindu is reporting that policemen in Balrampur beat aÂ a Dalit womanÂ to death.
* Drunken cops beat up train passengers on the down Kalka-Howrah Mail.
* A few days back, Indian policemen brutally thrashed a six-year-old girl on suspicion of theft.Â Besides thrashing the young child on the face, Indian policemen pulled the hair from the young child’s head. Disgusting.
* Of course, we all know what a bunch of criminals the Indian police are. This newsreport highlights the extent of criminality among the policemen in one city Ludhiana. Here’s an excerpt from the story:
If statistics presented by a public interest litigation placed in the Punjab and Haryana High Court are to be believed, 124 police officers in Ludhiana and 26 in the rural areas are facing criminal prosecution under various charges. Charges of corruption and negligence of duty or escape from custody top the list of offences. In the city, 48 police officers are facing corruption charges and 37 such tainted officers are facing prosecution on charges of negligence of duty followed by involvement of four policemen in drug peddling and two accused of murder.
Folks, remember what you read above is only the proverbial tip of the iceberg and refer only to a few incidents in a few cities in a few days. Multiply this by 10,000 to get a true picture of how pathetic and sick a lot of Indian policemen are.
We strongly advise foreigners visiting India not to trust the Indian police.
To All Foreigners – If you are in trouble in India, ask for immediate assistance from your embassy or consulate.
Remember, Indian Police are Incredible Criminals (with some exceptions).
Mera Bharat Mahaan.
I read some of these links, but not all of them. However, it dawned on me that lots of these events happened and will keep happening because there don’t appear to be any female police officers. The culture, of ruthless domination and corruption, is permeated by not having a simple checks and balances system in place and, in this case, a unisex workforce would qualify. Women there are easy targets because there are no female officers to represent or defend them at any stage.
It would also help if some public figures, i.e. athletes/cricketers and movie stars, stepped up and spoke out against these atrocities. The only time something like Darfur gets into the American consciousness is when George Clooney stands in front of the UN and makes noise and then magically the world starts to care. There are boundless platforms for people like Sachin Tendulkar, MS Dhoni, Preity Zinta and SRK to say, “This is wrong and it must stop!” The onus is on them to make it happen.
1. Good suggestion. Every police station must have at all times a female cop around (24×7).
2. Celebrities in India are too self-centered and don’t give a flying f**k about what happens to the common man, or woman, in this case.
Indian police is nothing but an organised and licenced criminal organisation in India.
I was shocked by what I heard when I eavesdropped on a conversation between two foot cops. They were concerned about the increase of their target of monthly ‘collection’ on the arrival of the new police chief to their area. ‘Collection’ means the money the cops make by getting bribes for doing (or not doing) their job, getting shares from roberries, getting money by issuing statements, certificates, FIRs to business lobbies etc. So each police station will have a target to achieve and the ‘target’ goes to their next level boss, beyond the target what ever is achieved is systematically shared. The money is escalated to next levels until the minister concerned.
End of the day a politician is again the root cause of the issue, I think the police system in India is just kept in the way the British had, a muscle for rulers against the people. It’s high time the police system in India to be reformed and made an independant entity something like election commission.
Corruption among policemen in India is almost ubiquitous but rape and murder by cops takes it to a different brutal level.
im disgusted. i wish there was somthing that could be done.
India is going down the toilet.
A few malls, few IT companies and a few Hyundai Santros don’t make Mera Bharat Mahaan.
For the most part, India is still Satyam, police brutality, rape, communal riots, corruption, starvation and unmourned death.
Maybe, Anniyan can help.
Is that a comment or did you fall asleep over the keyboard? 😉
1. Hilarious. Thanks.
2. For those too lazy to click on the above link, here’s an excerpt:
3. Hooray. We’re going datin to Bangalore, Mangalore, Nellore, or wherever they are going to marry off dating couples.
Marriage to just one-person is so 20th centurish. 😉
My friend’s dad (59 age, educated) went to passport office yesterday for name spell correction. his passport was thrown, ill-treated, harassed (“Enna sir, ippo thaan buddhar madhiri buddhi vandhadha..edhuku thaan varingalao theriyala), fined rs 2000 without receipt.
mera bharath mahan ! what is the use of congress running big ad of incredible india ? btw, there is a police case of harassing a girl for rs 45 – police complaint.there was video on indiatimes.
Disgusting. We don’t think there’s much hope for India. At least, not in our lifetime.
Who told Bullshit is Bullshit?
This is what I call a “cultured” drink!
Folks, a must-click link (above). Thanks, terraferrous.
2. Coke’s stock fell 2.17% today on NYSE…wonder if it has anything to do with the story in the terraferrous’ link. 😉
3. They can hire Pepsi CEO Indra Nooyi since the clowns have plans to export it and take on the Big ‘Cola’ Boys.
4. Wonder what they’ll call it – Cowla or Peeola?
Did you read the comments following the post in the previous link? there are people who are actually supporting it…..Apparently some UK hindus have already been drinking it for years……anyways, i think its lack of any worthwhile occupation which drives some people here into doing insane things…..
There are over 100 comments there now…one of the best:
We should call it Cow-ca-Cola….sounds appropriate.
Another disgusting act from delhi police ‘Cops asked my son to rape me’
Mera Bharat Mahaan. 😉