Time for another edition of Incredible India.
* So you think if you are sick, old or pregnant you are safe from the marauding pigs in khaki in Incredible India. Only shows how naive you are.
A pregnant woman and her three-year-old daughter were tossed out of a moving train by two policemen in Lakhimpur district near Lucknow in Uttar Pradesh.
Yes, the poor woman died and the child lies injured.
Just another day in Incredible India, right na?
* It took 400 policemen to ‘encounter’ (Indian English for cold-blooded murder of suspects by policemen) an alleged dacoit Naan alias Ghanshyam Kewat in Jamauli village in Chitrakoot district of Uttar Pradesh.
* Hear, hear. All pigs (alas, not the two-legged swines) have been ordered to do a vanishing act from the Cuddalore Municipal area of Tamil Nadu within one week. If not, ha ha ha, action will be taken under Section 241 of the Tamil Nadu Municipalities Act 1994 on the pig breeders.
* Ten years and the 10-km rail track between Nagapattinam and Velankanni in Tamil Nadu is still not completed. No, we’re not surprised.
* So you think only stupid Hindus come to Varanasi to perform final rites of their close ones. No. Even foreigners from as far as New Zealand have caught this weird bug. Here, read this excerpt from the Times of India:
A young foreign lady clad in a white saree and a green shawl wearing rudraksha beads and chandan on her forehead performed Hindu rituals before the immersion of the ashes of her husband in the holy Ganga here on Thursday.
….”I have deep faith in Indian culture that made me come here to immerse the ashes of my husband Mitchell Samuels, who died a year ago, into holy Ganga in Varanasi,” said Karla Brodie, a native of New Zealand. Karla had never visited Varanasi in the past, but she had heard a lot about the city from others. Karla had tied the nuptial knot with Mitchell in the traditional Indian style in New Zealand.
* OK, Pradeep please tell us what you see. A 26-year-old software engineer Pradeep Kumar Gondkar committed suicide at a Hyderabad temple so that he could ‘see what lies behind the curtain of death.’
* Yet another foreigner raped in India. Who’s keeping count?
Mera Bharat Mahaan.