Michael Jackson leaves behind an extraordinary legacy that’ll be hard to match.
Here are some key facts on Michael Jackson as put out by Sony (Michael’s business partner in the music arena) earlier today:
* Five of Jackson’s solo albums – “Off the Wall,” “Thriller,” “Bad,” “Dangerous” and “HIStory,”Â – are among the top-sellers of all time
* Michael sold an estimated 750 million records worldwide
* Michael released 13 No. 1 singles
* Michael became one of a handful of artists to be inducted twice into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
* Michael was recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records as the Most Successful Entertainer of All Time and “Thriller” as the Biggest Selling Album of All Time
* Michael won 13 Grammy Awards
* Michael started in the music business at the age of 11 with his brothers as a member of the Jackson 5
* Michael Jackson received the American Music Award’s Artist of the Century Award
Following from the talking heads on CNN:
* $85 million of tickets were sold for Michael’s London concerts
* Top 15 albums on Amazon now are Michael’s
* Michael’s Thriller album from 1982 still sells about 130,000 copies a year in the U.S.