(This one is for our U.S. readers)
Folks, with all the unceasing talk of recession, 10.2% unemployment, the tightwad consumer et al one would have thought the Black Friday deals this year would be super-attractive.
Alas, no. At least, not for us.
Anyway, if you are the kind that likes to brave the chill and head out on Friday here are a few nice deals:
TomTom ONE 125 SE – $59 at Wal-mart ($165 at Amazon today)
* 3.5 inch touchscreen in a slim, lightweight device;
* Preloaded maps of the US;
* Spoken instructions, including â€œtext to speechâ€ for spoken street names;
* Preloaded Points of Interest: millions of points of interest enhance the travelling experience and help users easily find gas stations, hotels, restaurants and more;
* Fold and Go EasyPort Mount that folds to fit in any bag or shirt pocket.
And to think we paid $400 or $450 for our Garmin a few years back. 🙁
Apple 8GB iPod Touch w/$50 iTunes GC – $195.00 WalMart
Samsung LN32B360 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV – $398 WalMart, $399.99 with free shipping at Amazon today
Free Breakfast – IKEA, Sams Club et al