We know, we know.
All ye 64-letter, Twitter-constrained schmucks consider reading to be a cardinal sin.
For desis, books are the new pariahs to stay away from.
Let not even the shadow of the printed word fall on your Fair-and-Lovelied, Hennaed, Attared body. Who knows what dangers might lurk in the pages of books.
God Forbid that your limited mental horizons expand beyond Salman-is-great, Will-it-be-a-boy-for-Ash or Ajith-is-sooper.
For the deviants amongst SI readers who can read beyond a Tweet and consider books as their soulmates, hey, this post is for you.
Borders – Big Discounts
With Borders book stores in the final days of the big liquidation sale, we headed to the nearest store today and picked up a bunch of books at pretty good insanely cheap prices.
Our purchases today include:
* Modern Times by Paul Johnson
* A Mountain of Crumbs by Elena Gorokhova
* Ka: Stories of the Mind and Gods of India by Roberto Calasso
* John Stuart Mill by Richard Reeve
* 9/11 Commission Report by 9/11 Commission
* Interpretation of Cultures by Clifford Geertz
* Crossed Swords: Pakistan, Its Army, and the Wars Within by Shuja Nawaz
* Life of Samuel Johnson by James Boswell
So, all ye desi bibliophiles if you enjoy the printed word as much as we do head to your nearest Borders for some awesome deals.