Devyani Khobragade is in a hot soup following her arrest in New York City today on charges of Visa fraud.
If you’re wondering Who the heck is Devyani Khobragade?, here are the essential facts:
1. Devyani is undoubtedly the hottest looking officer in the entire Indian Foreign Service. To put it politely, most Indian diplomats look like the cat unloaded last night’s dinner on their faces. Thank God for an exception like Devyani! 😉
2. Devyani is 39-years-old, and, if I may say so, looks not a day older than 19. Devyani makes Katrina, Kareena, Sonakshi, Meenakshi et al look like hags!
3. Devyani is a multi-millionaire with property running into crores of rupees.
4. Devyani is an illegal beneficiary of an apartment at the scandal tainted Adarsh Housing Society in Mumbai.
5. Devyani is a fan of Hollywood star Jim Carrey and follows him on her Twitter account. I must say Devyani has good taste. I’d have committed harakiri if she were ‘following’ Salman Khan or one of the other Bollywood chutiyas!
6. Devyani belongs to the Scheduled Caste (Dalit) community, a priceless advantage in Modern India since it allows community members to get into medical schools, civil services, IITs and IIMs even if they have poor grades.
7. Devyani joined the Indian Foreign Service in 1999. With postings in Germany, Pakistan, New Delhi and New York City, Devyani is a veteran of the diplomatic corps.
8. I was sure after seeing Devyani’s svelte figure that the lady practiced Yoga. And indeed the lady lists Yoga as one of her interests!
9. Devyani Khobragade is a Deputy Consul General for Political, Economic, Commercial and Women’s Affairs at the Consulate General of India in New York City. I bet even you schmucks already knew that.
Indian Diplomat Devyani Khobragade @ India Independence Day Function
(Photo Courtesy – Devyani Khobragade’s Twitter Account)
10. If I were to guess Devyani’s vital stats, I’d say: 34-24-34! Hey, I’m not her tailor! But that’s just my feverish imagination running amok based on ogling at some of her pics.
11. Devyani studied at St. Joseph’s Convent School, Jalgaon, Maharashtra. That’s what I call General Knowledge, priceless information valuable to moving ahead in life!
12. If I were a Bollywood director, in a heartbeat I’d have picked Devyani for a movie titled, ahem, Devyani – Dil ki Rani.
13. Devyani must either be very good in her work or well connected because the NYC Consulate posting is a plum job in the Indian Foreign Service.
14. Devyani probably is a big fan of Dum Biryani Vada Paav and Samosa Chaat, popular street food in Mumbai since she hails from the city (the lady was born in Tarapore). Now you know why I love Samosa Chaat! 😉
15. Devyani Khobragade’s husband is a Professor of Philosophy. Philosophy, OMG? Seriously, what’s wrong with the man!!!!! Well, I suppose people who can’t become Professors of Library Science become Professors of Philosophy! 😉
16. Devyani is doing poorly on Twitter (as of December 12) with just 35 followers! Disgusting! Even that duffer Abhishek Bachchan has 3.26 million followers. And Bollywood bad boy Salman Khan has 5.7 million followers hanging on to every piece of nonsense dropping from his lips. Seriously, Indians have poor taste. If I had tons of money, I’d buy a billion ‘followers’ for Devyani!
17. Devyani’s last Tweet (December 3, 2013) – I am a helping to change the way the world sees arts education (sic). “a helping” – I want to know her English teacher’s name! BTW, wonder who’s ‘a helping’ Devyani now?
18. Want Devyani’s e-mail address? Ha ha, I bet you drooling scoundrels do. But I’m not gonna hand it out.
19. Devyani won a scholarship to UK’s Chevening Rolls-Royce Science and Innovation Leadership Program in 2012. This gal is one smart lady, I tell you! Not like you schmucks.
20. Devyani’s father Uttam Khobragade is a retired IAS officer from Maharashtra. Big shot father, big shot daughter.
21. Like Devyani, her father Uttam Khobragade also landed in a big controversy (Adarsh Housing Society scandal).
22. Devyani’s uncle Dr. Ajay Gondane too serves in the Indian diplomatic corp as an IFS officer. Ajay is currently High Commissioner of Papua New Guinea. I bet Papua New Guinea is smaller than Goregaon (a suburb of Mumbai)!
23. Like Uncle, Like Niece! Devyani’s uncle Ajay Gondale also served as Deputy Consul General in the Indian Consulate at New York, as recently as 2010.
24. Devyani is a medical doctor. If I lived in NYC, I’d visit Devyani every day with all kinds of imaginary ailments (primarily, heart problems). Alas, I live 250 miles away. 🙁
25. Devyani has two daughters, six and three. Obviously, Devyani believes in the Indian family planning slogan Hum do, Hamare do (We two, ours two)
26. Devyani’s first posting was in Germany and her most challenging posting in Pakistan. How can Pakistan not be challenging in anything. Heck, Pakistan’s very existence is challenging to India, Afghanistan, USA and even to itself!
27. Devyani’s profile on a conference web site says she wishes to contribute towards Dalit and gender equality in her country, and remains engaged with these issues. But the complaint against Devyani filed in a NYC court alleges she paid her Indian maid Sangeeta Richard $3.31 per hour far, far, far less than the minimum wage in New York City.
28. Devyani did her MBBS at Seth G.S Medical College and K.E.M Hospital, Parel in Mumbai and obtained her seat under the Reservation quota for Scheduled Castes.
29. If Devyani is convicted/found guilty, she’ll be the first Indian diplomat in the U.S. to go to prison! If you ask me, I’m wagering there’s a 50-50 chance of her wearing stripes.
I bet you dolts found all this information about Devyani Khobragade invaluable and a big help in forging ahead with your useless lives. 😉
Enjoyed the post as always! 🙂
But stop being a lecherous old man (guessing) and pervert and be nice to the lady.
Back home, which Indian woman didn’t harass her maid?
1. You write: stop being a lecherous old man (guessing)
You are discriminating against Transgendered people! 😉
2. You write: Back home, which Indian woman didn’t harass her maid?
But home for you and me is now Amazing Amreeka, not Mera Bharat Mahaan!
3. Did you notice that NYC Indian Consulate has scored a Hat-trick – Three Cases in Three Years, all involving Indian maids.
Lol I bet you wouldn’t have done this much research even when you were studying!!!
Right she’s too hot even at 39…….Me still drooling.
Education comes in different forms! 😉
She even looks fairly ok in a photo with Frieda Pinto.
Maybe she should [deleted because it can lead to a misleading conclusion]. No one will complain.
You write: She even looks fairly ok in a photo with Frieda Pinto.
Hell, even Dev Patel looks fairly ok while standing alongside Frieda Pinto! 😉
Indian women has a lot to learn from her 😉
1. Like what? Drinking wine (if it’s indeed wine in her glass)?
Hardly a big deal!
2. Plus, she is a senior official at NYC Indian consulate. So desis will want to be seen with her. Just like some people take pictures of themselves with film stars or other big shots.
Some person has posted this article on searchindia.com
Devayani is an important officer of India and had been arrested without following diplomatic procedures. The US consulate in India has been summoned here in India..
A person has posted insulting stuff about Devyani . It is not the insult of Devayani but Insult of India bacause she is representing India.
I dont know the where about of this blog and that person who posted this. If you are from US, don’t showcase like your President at Funeral and learn how to behave.
You are requested to remove it because this hurts India.
Mera Bharat Mahaan!
Mr Dinesh_Bhonde, you seem to be losing sleep on his post on searchindia. In some ways you seem like our broadcasting minister trying to curtail the freedom on facebook/twitter all over the mighty www (trying to make it more like the Chinese broadcasting ministry).
Anyway whole of India seems to be boiling over this issue, wish they did so on more important matters like the daily rapes/recurring shameless corruption each trying to set a new record and what not. If I understand it right about the Vienna convention diktat on diplomatic immunity, it comes in for all actions that the official takes for doing his diplomatic mission.. not when that action would be outside of his/her duty, if so anyone should get away with any kind of crime as long as he is a diplomat. A quick googling turns up this “Article 43 of the Convention states: “Consular officers and consular employees shall not be amenable to the jurisdiction of the judicial and administrative authorities of the receiving state in respect of acts performed in the exercise of consular functions.” The clear implication of the language is that immunity is limited to diplomatic duties.”
Read that again – diplomatic duties… underpaying a maid and lieing on the application wouldn’t be diplomatic duty !!
Devyani is a human being and stop equating her to a representative of india. And stop dramatizing as if this post hurts India !! India is much beyond an official in the consulate.. if she erred then she has to face the law and given whats in the news it seems she did.
And if india was so for diplomatic immunity and Vienna convention rules, go through the case of the French diplomat in Bangalore who was arrested by Bangalore police in 2012 when his indian wife accused him of molesting his child. Read this, its interesting to see how the authorities in india acted back then – http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/20/french-diplomat-rape-case/?_r=0
Yes I agree that US has also flexed its muscle to get its diplomats who have erred, so India is doing the same..
But I agree with SI that three such cases from the Indian consulate in NY means some education and discipline overdue from the indian govt. That’s where the govt should focus now..
I think the strip search has changed things.
It looks like a sympathy wave is building for Devyani in India.
Let me tell you…
She belongs to SC (Schedule Cast) category …
So stop telling about her intelligence and the facts about his family members being big shots…
Anyways great work over [deleted] women..
This is one of your best posts ever.
I remember your posts on Raghunandan Yandamuri, Telugu bidda who committed double murder – a child and her grandmother- and Srinivasa Erramilli, Telugu bidda who groped a grandmother on a flight (What is with Telugu biddas and grandmothers?).
But in this, the depth of research and the marshalling of excellent facts and figures has exceeded anything else you have done so far.
It’s all God’s Will.
I’m just the Lord’s amanuensis, his keyboard and mouse! 😉
She posted her bail of quarter million in an hour and the salary she makes around $4100
Indian tax-payer dollars going down the toilet.
By the way, the Government of India has quietly paid out big sums in NYC Indian Consulate’s previous Maid in India cases too.