If music be the food of love, play on,
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
Yes, that was the bard in Twelfth Night (Act 1, Scene 1).
Having belatedly realized that our 16GB iPhone (which of course includes an iPod) still has a considerable amount of empty space, we told ourselves: What the heck, let’s fill up some of that space.
So, we dived into Apple’s iTunes digital media store and resurfaced with a variety of music.
Here’s some of what we’ve purchased lately for our iPod.
* Dhan Te Nan – Is there any Indian who doesn’t like this hot song from the movie Kaminey (releasing tomorrow). If so, stand up and be counted. We’re listening to this addictive song as we type this post. God, we hope this number is not stolen shit like a lot of other Bollywood stuff.
* Kaadhal Vaibhogame – A classic Tamil song from the old film Suvarillatha Chithirangal. A lovely number from Malaysia Vasudevan and S.Janaki. Music is by Gangai Amaran. We have most likely seen this Bhagyaraj movie but can’t remember a thing.
* The Man with the Harmonica – This one is from Once Upon a Time in the West. And the music is from the peerless Ennio Morricone. Simply lovely. If you haven’t seen Once Upon a Time in the West, fall upon your knees and beg forgiveness from the almighty for your sin.
* The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Theme – Another bewitching piece from the non pareil Ennio Morricone. This time it’s the theme music from Sergio Leone’s The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
* Duniya Ki Sair – Our inordinate love for Rajshri led us to buy this song from the Raj Kapoor-Rajshri movie Around the World in Eight Dollars.
* Nagunagutha Nali Nali – Lovely Kannada song from the old Rajkumar film Bangarada Manushya. Those were the days when P.B.Srinivas used to sing for annavaru.