(A Public Service Blog Post)
OMG, OMG, Rats, mice, vermin and food contamination issues?
Chola NYC – Restaurant or Pig-Sty?
Say, is Chola NYC on E.58th St in Midtown Manhattan an Indian restaurant or a filthy pig-sty.
Folks, Rats, Mice, Vermin, Sewage and Food Contamination issues are some of the hygiene problems identified by the NYC Health Department on August 26, 2010 at Chola, the flagship Indian restaurant of Bollywood actor Shiva Natarajan in NYC and the favorite of Indian movie stars like Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar and Aishwarya Rai.
Do Hollywood stars Harrison Ford and Woody Allen also come to your Rat & Mice place oops Chola, Shiva?
Geez, Harrison Ford and Woody Allen would have a heart attack if only they knew how dirty Chola is!
Chola NYC – Dirty, Really Dirty
Guys, if we’ve said it once we’ve said it a million times – Bollywood actor Shiva Natarajan is irresponsibly careless when it comes to hygiene at his NYC restaurants.
Repeatedly, Shiva’s Indian restaurants get pulled up by the NYC Health Dept. over evidence of rats, mice, roaches and other serious hygiene issues.
In the latest instance, the New York City Department of Health and Hygiene has put out a highly damaging report on Shiva’s Chola Indian restaurant that gives it a massive 40 violation points.
And the report is so damaging that Chola and Shiva Natarajan are both in deep shit.
Here are the Sanitary Violations Highlighted by the NYC Health Dept (Critical violations marked by Health Dept. in Red color):
1) Raw, cooked or prepared food is adulterated, contaminated, cross-contaminated, or not discarded in accordance with HACCP plan.
2) Evidence of rats or live rats present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
3) Evidence of mice or live mice present in facility’s food and/or non-food areas.
4) Food not protected from potential source of contamination during storage, preparation, transportation, display or service.
5) Food contact surface not properly washed, rinsed and sanitized after each use and following any activity when contamination may have occurred.
6) Facility not vermin proof. Harborage or conditions conducive to attracting vermin to the premises and/or allowing vermin to exist.
7) Plumbing not properly installed or maintained; anti-siphonage or backflow prevention device not provided where required; equipment or floor not properly drained; sewage disposal system in disrepair or not functioning properly.
8. Non-food contact surface improperly constructed. Unacceptable material used. Non-food contact surface or equipment improperly maintained and/or not properly sealed, raised, spaced or movable to allow accessibility for cleaning on all sides, above and underneath the unit.
Rats, Mice, Vermin, Food Contamination
Issues Hit Shiva Natarajan’s Flagship Chola
Chola – A C-Grade Restaurant?
Chola has not yet been graded as per the NYC Health Dept’s new system but under the old system Chola would have failed since it got over 28 violation points. And if you hypothetically go by the new grading system, Chola would have got the worst grade – C – for scoring over 28 violation points.
Not given to introspection, Shiva blames the city, landlords, garbage-pickup, old buildings et al. Everyone’s to blame for his awfully dirty NYC Indian restaurants except himself.
Hell, the fella lost his temper even with saints like us a few months back and threatened to unleash his lawyers on us.
Shiva, now listen, old fella. Stop blabbering, stop threatening to unleash your lawyers on us and, instead, unleash the exterminator at your filthy Indian restaurants so that diners won’t fall sick after a meal at your rat-hole.
Clean Up the Dirty Restaurants
If Shiva had any concern for the well-being of his hapless diners he’d have fixed the hygiene issues at his restaurants by now.
But for reasons that we just can’t fathom, Shiva does not seem to be keen on addressing the hygiene problems at his restaurants (by the way, his other NYC restaurants like Bhojan and Little Thai Kitchen were also badly buggered by the NYC Health Department recently).
Folks, would you eat at a restaurant so dirty like Chola with Rats, Mice, Food Contamination issues?
Surely, even Indian restaurants in India are not this dirty! 🙁
Shiva, it’s high time you got your shit together and move your ass on the hygiene crises at your restaurants.
Bollywood Actor Shiva Natarajan Loses Hygiene War at Dhaba NYC
Kosher Bhojan NY has Mice Problems; Shiva, Stop Threatening, Stop Talking & Focus on Hygiene
NYC Health Dept. Pisses on Shiva Natarajan’s Dhaba