Update: Telugu Bidda Raghu Yandamuri Execution Date Set for February 23, 2018
For the next 100 years, doting grandmothers in remote villages of Andhra Pradesh and Telengana will be warning their grandchildren that if they don’t finish their dinner quickly the Rakshasa Raghunandan Yandamuri will show up.
Such is the bizarre fame of King of Prussia, PA resident Raghunandan Yandamuri, now thrown into the limelight for the murder of two fellow Telugus.
Here are the essential facts about Raghunandan Yandamuri.
1. Raghunandan Yandamuri is a Telugu, an ethnic group residing mostly in the South Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The distinguishing characteristics of Telugus include an insatiable appetite for Dum Biryani, Avakaya pickle, Gutti Vankaya and Gongura Chicken, a desperate itch to migrate to the U.S. and an inexplicable fondness for Allu Arjun films.
2. Raghunandan Yandamuri is 26-years-old. Yandamuri was born in the coastal Andhra city of Vizag on February 21, 1986. For Telugus, 1986 marks a landmark as that was the year the on-screen torture of ‘non-actor’ Akkineni Nagarjuna in a lead role started.
3. Raghunandan Yandamuri lived in the Marquis Apartments complex in King of Prussia, PA.
Yandamuri’s Address: xxx W.Dekalb PK, King of Prussia, PA 19406 is not a tourist spot for Telugus like the Balaji Temple in Pittsburgh or the Venkateswara Temple in Bridgewater, NJ.
4. Raghunandan Yandamuri is married and his wife is pregnant. For Telugus, ‘Birthed in America‘ is higher than ‘Made in India‘ and like a lot of Telugus Yandamuri was planning to get his mother-in-law and father-in-law to the U.S. to assist them, post-delivery.
5. Raghunandan Yandamuri is a software programmer, a bug affecting many Telugus. Yandamuri previously worked for Sarayu Consultants of Carpentersville, IL.
6. Raghunandan Yandamuri weighs 160lbs and is 5-ft 9-inches, taller than the average Telugu.
7. Raghunandan Yandamuri previously lived in California and moved to King of Prussia, PA around July this year, indicating a nomadic lifestyle afflicting a lot of Telugu software professionals.
8. Raghunandan Yandamuri drove a 1999 Red Honda Acura Integra car with plate JBKxxxx. The car is not a collector’s item, so please do not start looking for it on eBay, Craigslist or any of the Telugu forums.
9. Raghunandan Yandamuri possessed an Illinois Driver’s License that he will not be needing in future. Telugu numerologists may note that Raghunandan’s Driver’s License No Yxxx72086xxx, translates inauspiciously to Y44 when you add up the numbers in the license.
10. Raghunandan Yandamuri has excellent comedy skills, suggesting he must have watched at least a few dozen films starring Telugu comedian Brahmanandam. Proof of Raghunandan Yandamuri’s comic strengths – He participated in the search for the missing child Saanvi Venna, posted and distributed “Missing Child” fliers and attended a vigil without arousing the suspicion of other Telugus.
11. Raghunandan Yandamuri was desperate for money, an incurable, occasionally fatal, disease affecting not just Telugus but the entire Homo Sapiens race.
Yandamuri’s financial troubles led him to file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on April 10, 2012 in California.
12. Raghunandan Yandamuri’s Social Security Number is 348-xx-40xx totaling up to 31, which totals to 4, a number that Telugu numerologists will unhesitatingly disapprove of since 4 also appears twice in his Driver’s License Numero-total. Please refer to point 9, above.
13. Raghunandan has been charged with more crimes than any other Telugu, living or dead.
14. Raghunandan Yandamuri is charged with the following crimes:
* PACC 2052(a) Murder of the First Degree
* PACC 2052(b) Murder of the Second Degree
* PACC 2901(a)1 Kidnapping F1
* PACC 2901(a)2 Kidnapping F1
* PACC 2901(a)3 Kidnapping F1
* PACC 3502 (a) Burglary F1
* PACC 3701(a)(1((i)Robbery F1
* PACC 3701(a)(1((ii)Robbery F1
* PACC 3701(a)(1((iii) Commits or Threatens immediately to commit any felony of the first or second degree – F1
* PACC 3921 (a) Movable Property – A person is guilty of theft if he unlawfully takes or exercises unlawful control over, movable property of another with intent to deprive him thereof. F3
* PACC 5510 – Abuse of Corpse M2
15.Raghunandam Yandamuri, like most people, misused office equipment for personal ends. But Yandamuri took misuse of office equipment to new, stratospheric heights by printing the ransom notes on his work computer, a crime million times worse than the Telugus’ favorite pastime of ogling at pictures of starlets Ileana, Anushka, Kajal, Samantha or Tamanna on their office computers.
16. Raghunandan Yandamuri has a bizarre sense of humor, suggesting a weakness for bad Telugu movies that are rife with crude humor. After confessing to his crimes, Yandamuri asked the police officers to tell the media that his wife had turned him in so that she could get the Reward money of $30,000 established for locating the missing child Saanvi Venna! Is this the new definition of chutzpah?
17. Raghunandan Yandamuri did not leave just one copy of the Ransom note in the Vennas’ apartment but flung 10 copies, a weird move that will have Telugus running to their mythology books for the significance of the number 10. Hey, didn’t Ravana, the Sri Lankan demon king and abductor of Sita, have 10 heads? Eureka!
18. Raghunandan Yandamuri killed 61-year-old Satyavathi Venna and her 10-month-old granddaughter Saanvi Venna and introduced Americans to a new Indian word Telugu.
Raghunadhan a crooked disgusting Human..
RIP Saanvi, Satyavathi
A horrific double murder was committed by a psychopath.
I congratulate the author for his sincere efforts.
There are black sheep in every community.
i am in no way supporting raghunandan.
i want to make it clear right away.
i was one of those guys who prayed for saanvi vennas safe return.
Rest in peace Saanvi and Satyavati Venna.
Hope justice be done to the Venna family.
Eventhough my knowledge is limited of very famous telugu people, I list the following
Alluri Sita Rama Raju
and many more
First of all, “Raghu” is a shame on human race
Not alone the world but every “TELUGU” person condemned “Raghu’s” act.
There are maniacs in every community, every race, and every religion.
You are right, Telugus have made significant contribution to arts, science, literature, films, music, dance etc.
Offhand, I can think of the novelist Yandamuri Veerendranath, film director Kaashinathuni Vishwanath, great comedian Brahmanandan, freedom fighter Potti Sreeramulu, RBI Governor Duvvuri Subbarao, famous comedian Allu Rama Lingaiah and his grandson, teen heartthrob Allu Arjun etc.
Forgot to mention, Needless to say, “Raghu” has guts in admitting his heinous crime facing the law & world
I was born in Chandigarh, raised in Mumbai, studied in Kharaghpur, worked in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, settled in US.
It is not nice that you seem to be tacitly praising Raghunandan Yandamuri by mentioning his ‘guts.’
Your choice of words is very inappropriate and hurtful to the victims.
Yandamuri did not have guts.
He was cornered by the police after the Venna family gave them the list of ‘family friends.’
Please show greater sensitivity to the victims.
Here comes new definition of chutzpah.
What I meant was admitting to mistake not to commit his crime, no one on this earth will support his actions, as I condemned his actions in my earlier postings too.
Sorry for confusion of words.
This is a time for everyone to introspect, to reflect and not get consumed by the frenzy of emotions.
Every bushel has some bad apples and Yandamuri’s heinous acts should not be seen as a reflection on the Indian community.
I know being from India where it’s hard to get justice in cases like this, and people feel it’s their imperative to punish the accused.
For them, I say this, he will be tried under American Law, which is a lot fairer and swift.
He will receive whatever’s due to him — end of story.
You write: He will receive whatever’s due to him — end of story
No, it’s not the end of the story.
Maybe for you as you go voyeuristically trolling for the next hot news-item to feed your hearty appetite.
But for the living victims including Siva Venna and his wife Latha Punnaru, Siva’s father and Raghunandan Yandamuri’s wife Komali and mother Padmavathi, it’s just the beginning of a life-long agony.
The horrific events in King of Prussia might just be a ‘story’ for a few callous people like you but please keep in mind that it’s an unending tragedy for those who experienced the ordeal.
Trying to make light of an act of insanity by dismissing it as a ‘story’ is neither humorous nor humane.
Please show some respect for the victims!
I bow to your integrity.
Thank you, sweetie!
We strive hard with unbiased news and analysis to earn your trust.
How do you sleep at night?
1. You write: How do you sleep at night?
On a soft bed, with the lights off and in the missionary position.
Sweetie, I’m no different from 98% of the world.
2. But while most people would be satisfied with two pillows, I need three pillows since I have a tendency to wake up after my post-prandial calisthenics and read late into the night.
Even in my autumn years, I am still in pursuit of that will-o-the-wisp, knowledge.
As our scriptures tell us (Sweetie, I pray that you know Sanskrit):
3. I suspect Raghunandan Yandamuri was not given to reading our holy books.
I heartily recommend the Chinmayananda translation of Bhagavad Gita. They’re available at a lot of Hindu Temples.
No sane person can comprehend or digest the heinous acts.
Every person has condemned the acts, showed their sympathy and support with candle light vigils for safe return of the baby and all our prayers were with the Venna’s family for their significant loss.
No words can explain their family’s loss, period.
I agree that this moron Raghu is a shame on human race.
And hope that Venna’s family get enough strength to digest the situation.
Heard of Amanda Todd, the girl who was bullied to death?
I almost cried seeing the video.
Reminds me of how cruel the world we live in is.
She did make a mistake, agreed. But what these people did to her is a great sin.
God why do these things happen?
1. A most haunting and powerful video (your link). Unforgettable.
2. Sweetie, the story of human history has always been one of cruelty and agony for so many.
It’s such that in the daily rush of life we turn a Nelson’s Eye toward the everyday suffering of so many happening right in front of our eyes.
Cruelty and indifference to others’ suffering is hardwired in the Human DNA.
It’s just that once in a while when incidents like the Venna Murders or the Kousetti Swapnika acid throwing come to light we all pretend to be “shocked” and “horrified” and call for “death sentence” and “encounters” and a few minutes later we’re back to ogling at Samantha or Kajal or Tamanna or Anushka or any of the other little twits.
Bottom line, humans (with rare exceptions like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Baba Amte etc) are indifferent to others’ misery.
Maybe, as the evolution process moves along the Homo Sapiens race or whatever comes next will be better than the present lot.
” A most haunting and powerful video (your link). Unforgettable.”
Yes. And I could see the poor girl was unable to control her tears. If she had one person who stood by her side, none of this would have happened.
“Cruelty and indifference to others’ suffering is hardwired in the Human DNA”
True. Even after her death, some heartless brats are posting comments like “happy she’s dead” and so on in her facebook memorial page.
“It’s just that once in a while when incidents like the Venna Murders or the Kousetti Swapnika acid throwing come to light we all pretend to be “shocked” and “horrified” and call for “death sentence” and “encounters” and a few minutes later we’re back to ogling at Samantha or Kajal or Tamanna or Anushka or any of the other little twits”
Very true. It’s only a matter of time before people forget her and get back to their lives as if nothing happened.
Btw, it seems they have found her main tormentor who started the whole thing. If they did find the right guy, I wanna see him hang.
Lethal injection is too merciful for such people.
Good job Mr.Author for collecting and posting such a detailed info about this merciless animal.
I never reply to any forums but today I really felt like my voice is important.
Rest in Peace Baby Saanvi and Grandmom. I couldnt sleep one night when you went missing and was hoping that you would return safely.
But God destined a rather another way to finish this.
I hope you are with the GOD now and no one can even dare to touch you.
May you be born to the same parents again re- establishing their hope to live.
Dear Author, Along with wishing Baby Saanvi RIP, I would like to wish you as an author too.
I am a Telugu and I want to write this. The Baby’s father himself said “Do not loose faith in Humanity. Good people exsist” Despite of his sorrowness, he has a big heart to express this. oh btw, he is a telugu too.
Telugu people doesnt have an itch of going to US. This Baby’s Dad didnt have the itch of coming to US to loose his Mother and Daughter.
May Saanvi and her Grand mom rest in peace. 🙁
Hi, Thanks for your Inputs.
We all are very sad for the incident and it is really bad thing, But even victim is also telugu family.
In every community there are bad and good people, Blame the worst guys like Yandamuri.
So many nice and innocent Telugu people are there in this world.
You are right.
Every bushel is bound to have a rotten apple or two.
The actions of one Yandamuri should not be a reflection on the countless hardworking, nice and innocent Telugu people.
First of all, I wish Saanvi and her grandmother rest in peace and I convey my deep condolences to Shiva’s family.
I appreciate your efforts to bring the facts about this guy and share with others.
I think you are an educated person who knows what is good and what is bad.
Victims are also telugu people we better respect that fact.
This heinous act of Raghunandan is shameful for the whole humanity irrespective of his origin or community.
Again I wish Saanvi and her grandmother rest in peace!
As I’ve said from the outset, idiots and crooks are to be found in every community.
Telugu biddas do not have a monopoly over violence, crime or base actions. We must take care not to demonize them.
Shine the light in other directions and, voila, you’ll find Tamils, Whites, Blacks, Germans, Bhojpuris, Koreans, Hispanics, Chinese etc are no different.
“RIP SAANVI .. truly the most DISTURBING/SICK/Cruel ACT in the recent times”
I want to appreciate you on taking the trouble to get all the information of that Criminal.
Throwing light on such a mean incident is appreciative.
To comment on One of the well known,well educated and well established communities in this country one requires a lot of information,statistics and knowledge.
MANKIND is cursed with people like these (YANDAMURI) since ages, try to extend your support for the ones in distress.
There is no need for any appreciation, please.
I’m glad you liked our posts.
I really like ur blog.
It’s refreshing and fresh.
If he is on H1-b and His wife is not working, then its fair to assume she is on H4 and now I am assuming he is not working, his WIFE IS OUT OF STATUS ? Throw her out of USA.
Is this the new definition of chutzpah?
>> Yes, he is.
>> I am not a Telugu.
I was only interested in known the Nationality of the murderer.
When I heard Indian,I was like, fuck sala.
Trust me, no one is having anything against Telugus.
1. If Raghunandan Yandamuri’s wife Komali Alokam was not complicit in his sordid deeds, then she’s as much a victim as the Vennas and deserves to be treated with compassion.
2. You write: Trust me, no one is having anything against Telugus.
Dont throw her out of USA.
I hope Raghunandan Yandamuri wont be able to see any of his family members for the rest of his (whatever) life.
I hope he wont see his baby (which his wife is expecting).
Just like Saanvi parents cannot see her for the rest of their lives.
Life’s story is a series of lesser storms but occasionally a Category 5 hurricane like Yandamuri wreaks all round havoc.
The author of the story has very cleverly given the facts about the victim.
It is not going to harm you while signing this petition, but it gives moral support:
That is a horrendous act!….and Raghunandan deserves more than death.
Remember the victim is a Telugu too.
Yes I am a Telugu, am proud to be a Telugu.
I’m reminded of what Oscar Wilde wrote in the play, Lady Windermere’s Fan:
Raghu’s act is chilling and guesome, no second thoughts on that.
Any normal human being above and beyond their community/backgroun/sect or nationality would condemn the act and I do too.
I pray that Raghu gets punished to the most severe extent that mankinf may have ever witnessed.
I just can’t imagine the trauma the Venna family must be going through now.
Even Raghu’s wife is a victim, if she had no hand in the crime. Poor lady.
In my not so humble opinion, lethal injection is too merciful for these animals.
Electric chair would be more appropriate but I guess it’s not used anymore now.
Its not just Telugus.
A Gujju girl murdered her husband within 7 days of comming to USA. She burned the husband in bathroom
He is dead now after suffering for 6 months
Please see the tribute to little angel Saanvi,
Meeru ichina video link chusintharavatha theerani dukkham kaligindhi, sir.
Thank you for posting the link.
Lets us hope everyone watches this moving tribute and sendoff to little Saanvi.
Sir, seems u didn’t like this.
Please eloborate ur views.
As I said earlier ur articles are informative and giving knowledge to readers.
Please give ur analysis on this.
A moving tribute.
But words are poor comfort to the grieving family.
I came to know a lot about this guy because of your site…informative…
Be glad you are making readers register before making a comment.
I found time to respond to you..
Others probably may not find time..
Thank you for ‘finding’ the time.
We’re mucho obliged at your generosity, feel blessed.
Being sarcastic about telugu people is unacceptable.
There are so many great telugu personalities.
Remember this time it was a telugu guy, last time it was a tamil guy in CA and an American guy in Minnesota who committed such heinous act.
Committing crime has no bearing on religion- esp Telugus and for that matter all Indians are peaceful and not easily encouraged to participate in unlawful acts compared with others- but that’s my 2 cents!
Thank You for your 2-cents contribution.
Voila, you valued it accurately. Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less! (now, isn’t that a Jeffrey Archer novel?)
Dear Search India
What ever raghunandan did was heinous and cannot be be tolerated.
I admit that your attempts at being sarcastically humorous are to some extent funny, however get your facts straight about our country.
Andhara Pradesh and Telangana are not in the same state at least for now so do a bit of your homework first.
1. Sweetie, the hoi polloi see the world as it is.
It’s given only to the savants to see the world as it will be.
2. When I wrote “Andhra Pradesh and Telengana,” be sure that was no lapsus calami or its modern-day PC equivalent.
Au contraire, it’s what the scholars at Harvard Business Review describe as the Wisdom of Deliberate Mistakes.
You see, if I hadn’t made that ‘mistake’ you wouldn’t have felt compelled to write in and I’d have lost the opportunity to respond to you.
The facts that you collected about that horrible person are appreciable, no doubt about it.
But I do not understand why the ‘Telugu’ community is being mocked here.
I am a telugu and as proud about it as being an Indian.
As mentioned by others here, every community has good as well as bad people.
To my understanding not only telugu people but people from almost all other communities from India yearn to come to US or any other country to make a better living.
For Telugus, “‘Birthed in America’ is higher than ‘Made in India’
Does other community people who live in US or other countries go to India to give birth to their children?
I see Hindi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Tamil, Kannada, and various other communities living here in US and as a matter of fact I see a mini India in USA with various cultures and communities.
Though our kids are born here we are so proud of India and Telugu community that we yearn to teach our kids our culture as much as possible.
Condemn this heinous act but please do not make a mockery of telugu or any other community. Condemn him as a human but not as a telugu.
Person who committed this crime is a telugu, victims are telugu, and victims father/son is also a telugu, who has such a BIG heart to tell others in his grief to not to loose hope in humanity.
My heart goes out to Venna’s, God only knows how they are able to cope with such a big loss. And only God can give them strength and find a way to console them. May God bless them 10 folds of their loss.
1. Sweetie, whether you like it or not matters not one whit because Indians are mostly referred to by their language or place of origin.
You’re a Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi, Tamil, Kannadiga, Oriyan, Malayalee, Konkani or, dare I say, even a Telugu.
That’s the ugly reality of Mera Bharat Mahaan.
2. ****I’ve said on several occasions that no single Indian community is above or below the other.
Even when some Tamils have made mischievous references to Telugus, I’ve noted that Tamils are no saints and even provided links to some reprehensible actions.****
3. When Dharun Ravi (the NJ kid) got caught in the web-cam mess of the Tyler Clementi tragedy, we made no secret of Dharun’s Tamil origins.
If you read us long enough, you’ll realize we don’t change our paint brushes.
See below links.
4. Sweetie, you seem to have a convenient memory lapse when the Telugu community spewed venom and rained abuse on Tamils.
Sambar Fuckers, Arava, LTTE supporters are just a few examples.
It’s all there in the comments and it’s wrong whoever does it.
Cut the sanctimonious posturing and get off your high horse about the imagined damage to your Telugu pride.
You can be “so proud of ….Telugu community” all you want but stop fantasizing slights where there are none.
5. No, even if you go down on your knees we will not reproduce here the unimaginable filth, repeated threats and vile abuse hurled at SI by several Telugus merely because we pointed to Yandamuri’s Telugu origins.
I’m withholding mentioning details of those sordid threats and sick filth to save you the embarrassment and shame you’d inevitably feel that some people of your ‘proud’ Telugu community can stoop so low.
6. I’ve said on several occasions that the actions of one person ought not to reflect on the entire Telugu community, which after all, has given us the Eighth Wonder of the World – Dum Biryani! 😉
Raghunandan Yandamuri is a Telugu and there’s nothing wrong in referring to him as a Telugu. It’s factually accurate.
Stop getting your panties in a twist over imagined slights to your Telugu brethren.