Update: Telugu Bidda Raghu Yandamuri Execution Date Set for February 23, 2018
Indians are increasingly hogging the limelight in America.
And for all the wrong reasons.
I’m speaking of the increasing propensity of desis in the U.S. to commit all kinds of crimes – Violent, Non-Violent, Horrendous, Garden Variety, White-Collar, Sexual, Vehicular, Drug Peddling, Drug Possession, Immigration Fraud and more.
Sai Ramesh Maddi
Biting, Kicking, Attempted Murder
No crime is above or below Indians in the U.S. these days!
Sociologically speaking, I suppose one way of looking at desi crimes is that the Indian community has arrived.
In other words, Indians are now part of mainstream America! 😉
Now don’t ask me why Telugus and Mallus are higher up on the criminal ladder compared to, say, the bovine Tamils. Perhaps future researchers will prove a link between crime and diet.
I suspect Dum Biryani and Plantain chips are not conducive to non-criminal activity.
Say what you will but Tamils seem quiet on the crime front in North America. After the death of their favorite terrorist Vellupillai ‘whacko’ Prabhakaran, Tamils have had all their violent stuffing knocked out of them!
It’d take me a millennium to compile a complete catalog of Indian criminals in the U.S.
But here’s a short list of some of the most notorious Indian criminals in Amazing Amreeka:
Infamous Telugu Criminals
* Timma R. Kalidindi – Telugu bidda and software programmer Timma Kalidindi, 48, committed murder the old-fashioned way – With a rope. Kalidindi choked his wife Janaki Dantuluru by strangling her with a braided rope in their Francis Drive, Bridgewater (NJ) home on November 16, 2013. Kalidindi, who now faces charges of First Degree Murder, continues to remain a guest of the Somerset County Jail since he lacks the money to post $1.5 million cash bail. Last month, a Somerset County Grand Jury indicted Kalidindi with First Degree Murder and Third Degree Possession of a Weapon for an Unlawful Purpose for killing his wife by strangulation. It’s unlikely Timma Kalidindi will ever get to eat Dum Biryani in his life again. Since New Jersey has no death penalty, NJ tax payers are on the hook for boarding, lodging and healthcare expenses of Timma Kalidindi for the rest of his life.
* Sai Ramesh Maddi (DOB: 6/3/1975) – Total whacko! Kicking, beating, biting, stomping and burning of his wife Sireesha Pesala with a heated metal spoon are Telugu bidda Maddi’s specialties. This weirdo’s appeal was denied last year. Currently incarcerated at the South Woods State Prison in Morris County (New Jersey) on attempted murder charges, Sai Ramesh Maddi, a software programmer, is due out on June 24, 2014. 🙁
* Raghunandan Yandamuri (DOB: 2/21/1986) – Serial gambler attacked and killed 10-month-old Saanvi Venna and her 61-year-old grandmother Satyavathi Venna in their King of Prussia apartment in Pennsylvania on October 22, 2012. After killing the two Vennas and giving new meaning to the word chutzpah, this cold-blooded monster participated in the search and candle vigils for the victims! The idiot confessed on video to the killings (which he claimed were accidental) but is now singing a different tune and accuses others of being the real villains. Yandamuri, a software programmer, is currently an involuntary guest of the Montgomery County Jail in Pennsylvania. Facing the death penalty, Yandamuri’s trial is scheduled to start May 5, 2014.
Kidnapper and Murderer
* Srinivasa Erramilli – The Aurora (IL) resident and software programmer is a Serial Groper on U.S. commercial flights. Erramilli managed to avoid prison time and received probation for his earlier two “breast” gropings, but his luck ran out after the third incident when he went for the “thighs.” His thighness Erramilli is currently imprisoned at the federal prison in Lisbon, Ohio. Erramilli’s date of release is July 26, 2014.
* Lakireddy Bali Reddy (DOB: 5/20/1937) – California Sex Slaver got into serious trouble when one of the girls he imported from India died under mysterious circumstances. Lakireddy pleaded guilty on March 7, 2001 to trafficking in women and girls into the U.S. to place them in sexual servitude. After a short 8-year prison term, Lakireddy had to register as a sex offender.
* Lakshminivasarao Nerusu – This monster from Novi (MI) butchered his wife and two young children but was so greedy for his own life that he spared himself. This moron thought he could escape punishment by running off to Hyderabad. But the FBI tracked Nerusu in Andhra Pradesh and hauled his brown ass back to the U.S. to stand trial. Nerusu, a software programmer, is currently in a Michigan jail awaiting trial on three counts of Homicide – First Degree Murder Pre-meditated.
* Amit Muddamalle – After a seven-year manhunt, Telugu bidda Amit Muddamalle Livingston was captured in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh and extradited to the U.S. for murdering his lover. Amit Muddamalle was convicted in a Texas court in 2007 for the murder and sentenced to 23 years in prison but he fled to India before his prison sentence could start.
* Sujatha Guduru – A nut from Oveido, Florida who killed her 17-year-old daughter in bed but was too dumb to shoot herself properly. If you’re plotting a murder/suicide combo, the least you can do is learn to shoot properly so that you don’t have to face the grim consequences of your grisly crimes and spare tax-payers the cost of the trial. Sujatha is currently in Seminole County Jail (FL). If convicted, Sujatha will disappear from public view for ever.
* Vikram Buddhi – After threatening the U.S. President, Vice President, Defense Secretary and their families with a horrible fate, this whacko quickly found himself in jail with a 57-month sentence. Buddhi should be out of prison by now and is likely in the custody of Immigration authorities.
* Murali Krishna Nookella – This stupid fellow’s over-active libido got the better of him and he exposed his dick on a flight from Philadelphia to Denver. The SAP programmer confessed to “Obscene and Indecent Exposure on an Aircraft” but managed to avoid jail time. The judge ordered Murali Nookella to complete a program of mental health treatment and not travel on Southwest Airlines. Now you know why we refer to Nookella as a dickhead. By the way, his wife has been repeatedly e-mailing us of late asking us to remove our old posts on Nookella.
Notorious Mallu Criminals
Contrary to what some of you bigots may think, Telugus do not have a monopoly on high-profile crimes in America.
Mallus may be far behind in the criminal rat race but show solid potential.
* Anand Jon Alexander (DOB: Nov 28, 1973) – Mallu fashion designer Anand Jon was a high-profile fella in Los Angeles until his luck ran out. Anand Jon was convicted in 2009 of assaulting several girls and sentenced to 59 years in prison. Unless Jesus performs a miracle, Anand Jon will leave prison only in a wooden box. Anand Jon is currently serving time at the the California Correctional Institution in Tehachapi, 100-miles north of Los Angeles.
Anand Jon Alexander
59 Years in Prison
* Mathew Martoma – Serial bad boy was convicted of insider trading on February 6, 2014. After his expulsion from Harvard Law School for faking/inflating his grades, this jackass changed his name from Ajai Mathew Mariamdani Thomas to Mathew Martoma. Unless Martoma succeeds in his appeal, he’s destined for 10-years in prison. That should keep him out of trouble for a while.
* Devarajan Kalathat – The Santa Clara (CA) resident went bonkers one evening in March 2009 and wiped out five members of his family with a newly acquired .45 caliber gun. Devarajan also shot and severely injured his wife Abha Appu, who survived. But in Devarajan’s favor he was smart enough to kill himself at the end of his violent spree.
North Indian Criminals
And if you think North Indians or the highly educated desis are free of the criminal taint, you’d be so mistaken.
Here, take a deko at what some of our North Indian desis have been up to:
* Rajat Gupta – Obscene greed got the better of this multimillionaire, multiple home owner with IIT and Harvard Degrees. The crook passed on confidential information to his hedge fund pal Raj Rajaratnam unaware that the feds had tapped Rajaratnam’s phone. Rajat Gupta was convicted but is still out on appeal.
* Varsha Sabhnani & Husband Mahender Sabhnani – These Muttontown (a small town in Long Island, NY) perfume peddlers were convicted of abusing their Indonesian maids. Varsha got 11-years in prison while Mahender received a 3 1/3 sentence. Varsha was convicted of – hold your breath now – forced labor, peonage, harboring aliens, document servitude, and related conspiracy charges.
Varsha and Husband Mahender Sabhnani
Mighty Cruel Indians
* Deepak Jahagirdar – Another Indian in-flight idiot. During a Delta Airlines flight from Dallas to Boston on March 31, 2002, Arizona resident and Harvard MBA Deepak Jahagirdar, 52, couldn’t resist shoving his finger into his 22-year-old co-passenger’s twat. For trespassing into prohibited territory, Deepak got 87-months in an Arizona prison plus $25,000 fine plus 24-months of supervised release!
* Karthik Rajaram – Now I believe an IIT criminal is smarter than other Indian criminals. Because after killing his wife Subashri (39), three children (7, 12 and 19) and mother-in-law Indra Ramaseshan (69), Karthik Rajaram, 45, of Porter Ranch (near Los Angeles) turned the gun on himself. If Karthik Rajaram had not killed himself, he surely would have gone to California’s Death Row! Rajaram was broke, unemployed and hopelessly whacko when he committed the quintuple murders on October 6, 2008.
* Pawan Kumar Anjaiah – This loony software programmer got infatuated with a White girl Danielle Mehlman (26), took her to a motel in Dewey Beach (DE) and knifed her to death on June 18, 2012. Pawan (26) was smart enough to kill himself the next day at a motel in Belleville (NJ) leaving behind a suicide note in which he supposedly confessed to the murder. If Pawan had not killed himself, he’d have spent the rest of his life in prison. And all you dolts still think that Kannadigas are bovine creatures who are forever in a stupor after overdosing on Bisi Bele Bath. Shows how little you schmucks know!
Indians – Low-Hanging Fruit
The spate of Indian convictions leads me to suspect that Indian criminals are the low-hanging fruit for ambitious, overzealous American prosecutors.
I’m not saying Indians are angels.
Lord knows the majority of Indians are devils.
Or as I like to say Indians are wolves in wolves clothing.
But Indians are probably getting convicted in prominent as well as not-so-prominent cases for three reasons:
1) These brown asses are not getting good attorneys.
2) Color of their skin.
3) And above all for straying from the straight and narrow.
Real Juicy Story! Top Sites LLC.
You write: Real Juicy Story! Top Sites LLC.
No Murder, No Kidnapping, No Blood, No Girls, No Bribes.
How the f**k can your link about a mere spammer be a “real juicy story”…
Look for a “Real Juicy Story” next time! 🙁
OK what bout This?
Obviously, no one told you about the basic principle of American Media:
So let me know only if Salman Khan crushes more homeless people under the wheels of his Land Cruiser.
As I told earlier, even in Tamilnadu, Telugus, Kannadigas, Mallus live a better life.
And Landlord Castes, Brahmins have literally crushed rest of Tamils in last 60 years.
Tamils are timid. They unleash criminal activities only on fellow hapless Tamils.
They lack courage to do any criminal activities against other People.
1. Tamils (Raj Rajaratnam is Sri Lankan Tamil) are staying out of jail here by not engaging in stupid activities.
2. I thought Brahmins were crushed in TN over the last 80 years because of Periyar’s movement, reservations etc. No?
When we young, they used to say in TN – Pambaiyum Papanum Patha, Papanae Mudhale Addi (If you see a Brahmin and a snake, kill the Brahmin first)! 😉
“They lack courage to do any criminal activities against other People”
What do you think about Veerappan, the forest brigand who’s killed more than 126 people (most of them from Karnataka.. that too police and forest officials.. and Border Security forces too)? 😛
Veerapan is once in generation criminal in Tamilnadu. Also he thrived in dense forests of Sathyamangalam, and he could not have committed so much criminal activities if he lived other than forest areas.
Once in a generation, I agree.
The forest regions around Sathyamangalam, M.M Hills etc were his fortresses once upon a time. Even other poachers and smugglers were afraid to enter his terrain as he’s known to eliminate his rivals without the slightest hesitation. Rivals had only two options – join his gang or die.
I wonder how a small-time poacher rose to become such a dreaded criminal, leading an army of over 100 men at one point. At the time of Vanayudham/Attahasa’s (biopic on Veerappan, in Tamil and Kannada, with the Kannada version being 1 hour longer.) release, I just did a few searches to see what I could find.
There are several accounts of police brutality. If these reports are true, the STF were even more cruel than Veerappan and his gang. The brigand never harassed villagers. Several accounts state that he actually helped them by giving them money and even settling disputes, among other things( maybe because he was smart enough to realize he needed them for his own protection). But he never spared police informers. His own network of informers was very vast that he was up-to-date with the activities of the police. His knowledge about the forests made sure that he remained elusive even if he and his gang were right under the noses of the STF men, who would fail to see them because the forest is so dense and their knowledge about the terrain was very limited. But all his crimes finally caught up with him. I wouldn’t call his killing as justified. He should have been caught alive and for sure he would have named every single politician who was associated with him. Not just that, he would have spilled the beans on the brutality of the police. Some reports were too horrifying that I don’t even wanna talk about it without knowing whether they are true or not. It was convenient for everyone if he was dead. There are several loopholes in the official version of his encounter that indicates it was a fake one, although there is no proof.
It was a fake encounter but the odds of capturing Veerappan alive were slim.
@ vinith, super ji super ji super ji. Brilliant analysis and precis text of Veerapan life.
Recently watched a Malayalam movie Mumbai Police, starring Prithviraj. I was pretty impressed because the movie is bold and ventures on a controversial path. You won’t really know till the very end.
Anthony Moses (Prithviraj) is a police officer, who has solved the murder of his best friend (and fellow IPS officer, played by Jayasurya), when he meets with an accident in which he loses his memory. After he’s discharged, he’s asked to solve the whole case once again by his best friend and brother-in-law (who is the Commissioner of Police i believe, played by Rahman). Hence, Moses starts from the beginning and travels the same path once again.
The movie has no songs, no silly comedy sequences and no love-angle. It’s a full-on investigative thriller and hopefully original.
I don’t remember much about the acting except that the Anthony Moses B (as he’s referred to by a doctor after his accident) is subtle and very different in behavior from Anthony Moses A, who was known for his arrogance, hot temper and violent streaks.
But it was criticized by a lot of people for it’s controversial elements. Lucky I didn’t read a single review before I watched the movie as almost all the reviews out there are filled with spoilers.
Sounds very interesting.
I will watch it if I can get a DVD with Eng subtitles.
I too tried for movie, even at Burma bazaar in Chennai, but lady luck didn’t smile upon me.
The Premise of plot is carried from East Asian Movie, which I don’t remember. But the movie should be praised/criticised for its homosexual theme, which is taboo in India nowadays.
Also, unlike many of roles enacted by Popular Heroes in Indian Cinema, Prithiviraj should be praised for enacting a cold blooded, corrupt Police Officer Role.
Prithiviraj is a fine actor – seen him in Satham Podathey, Ravanan etc
A major pre-requisite (I used this word because I couldn’t find a better one.. forgive my English 🙁 ) for enjoying a movie is to know very little about it, especially if it’s in the genre of suspense/thrillers. That’s why I mentioned nothing about the movie’s theme and also advised against reading reviews as all of them talk in detail about it, thereby preventing viewers from enjoying the movie, as the viewer is already aware (partly aware, in SI’s case, if he/she is planning on watching) of what is to come.
As for me, I made a wise decision not to read a single review… and what unfolded on the screen truly surprised me as I never saw it coming. The movie has a couple of twists apart from the homosexuality.
I didn’t reach much about it…just the first sentence or two.
An extremely overrated movie is drishyam. If Rajini praises a Malayalam movie, then any person should be worried about quality of film.
And only media is actively promoting the movie as a hit. I don’t see lot of Malayalees praising or talking about movie. Also, the collections are superficial, since Jilla is said to be all time highest grossing movie in Kerala, which itself grossed around 25 or 30 crores.
You write: And only media is actively promoting the movie as a hit.
Where movie news and reviews are concerned, I suspect 95% is paid news/reviews for the sake of generating publicity for a film or actor.
A few years back, Bollywood Chutiya Akshay Kumar had hired PR people to post positive comments on blogs (including on SI) and newspapers for his movies.
Not just USA!
It was the Iranian lady’s bad luck that she came in contact with these two scumbags.
Another one for your list
Must be the Dum Biryani. I can’t think of any other reason. 😉
Since NJ has no death penalty you’re on the hook for his food, clothing, shelter & healthcare expenses for the next 30 years.
Should be a must read for all NRIs and for all H1, L, Greencard seekers.
In the visa interview for Telugu biddas, officers should quiz applicants on these articles.
Please do not delete Nookella articles. They are the funniest on Searchindia. I imagine the FBI agent who wrote the complaint must have laughed heartily as well.
The article misses Karthik Rajaram, foremost Tamil NRI criminal. Killed wife, three kids, mother in law and also offed himself.
Sweetie, added Karthik to above list. Thank You!
Absolutely love your blog!
Have you heard of Deepak Jahagirdar?
Ha ha ha.
Added Deepak to the above ‘Hall of Infamy.’
At this rate, we’ll soon have to create an exclusive In-Flight Indian Criminals Category – We already have three now – Jahagirdar, Nookella and Erramilli.
Another one. A nut case from Karnataka – Pawan Kumar Anjaiah
Stink of drugs, murder & money in techie suicide
More blood, thanks to our Bloody Indians!
Added Pawan Kumar to above “Hall of Fame.”
And people think Kannadigas are bovine creatures forever in a stupor after overdosing on Bisi Bele Bath. Shows how little they know!
Rakesh Punn, NY Pediatrician Facing Sex Charges, Held On $5 Million Bail
It looks like this is still an ongoing case.
I got so tired after reading about so many of our chutiyas that I opened a second big bottle of Guinness Extra Stout! 😉
I will take a look at the Rakesh Punn case.
Another one, this time a Gujju !!! Trial is underway now…
Aha, Shauchalay Khooni. 😉
She must have drawn inspiration from Narendra Modi!
What the Narendra Modi government did for Muslims wholesale, the Shauchalay Khooni did in retail.
Many Muslims were burned alive in Gujarat in 2002.
One more desi nutjob recently arrested. Check out:
From your Yahoo link on Keshav Mukund Bhide:
Too many Indian whackos…They should do a mental health evaluation of all Indians before issuing them a Visa!