For all of you who claim Bollywood butcher Salman Khan is a superstar, I have a few questions.
* Why has Kick fared worse than the quiz show genius Alia Bhatt’s 2 States (Alia’s third major film)?
* Why has Kick come in way lower than Aamir Khan’s Dhoom 3 and Shahrukh Khan’s Chennai Express?
* Why has Kick come in significantly lower than Ranveer Singh-Deepika’s Ram Leela?
* Why has Kick grossed less than Tollywood nightmare Allu Arjun’s Race Gurram?
* Why has Kick fared worse than Tollywood non-actor Nagarjuna’s Manam?
If you ask me, Kick has had a mediocre to poor response in the U.S. The below table proves it.
For the opening July 25-27, 2014 weekend, Kick grossed $829,411 at the U.S. box office (source: IndiaFM/Bollywood Hungama).
The per screen average of Kick worked out to $5,882.
Here’s how Kick fared at the U.S. box office compared to some prominent Indian movies: